Amy Winehouse gets immortalised in waxJuly 1st, 2008 - 7:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 1 (ANI): English singer songwriter Amy Winehouse is being immortalised in wax at the world famous Madame Tussauds museum.
The wax model, which was created by a team of 20 sculptors for some months, costs 100,000 pounds.
Winehouse is said to have insisted that her towering trademark beehive be perfectly recreated, and she even asked for her saucy sailor tattoos to be engraved on the figure.
Her wax figure has been considered by the staff at the London attraction as worthy of being protected, especially after her Glaston-bury performance in which a fan lunged at her.
Bosses fear pranksters will try to topple the beehive from the figure, which will be unveiled later this month.
We are really pleased to be creating Amy, Daily star quoted Tussauds general manager Edward Fuller as saying.
Feedback for her inclusion just keeps on growing, he added. (ANI)
- Rihanna gets wax statue at Madame Tussauds - Oct 03, 2011
- Kate, William join the royals at Madame Tussauds - Apr 04, 2012
- Madhuri unveils her wax statue in London - Mar 07, 2012
- Rihanna's wax figure latest addition to Madame Tussauds - Sep 01, 2010
- Madhuri Dixit to be immortalised in wax - Jan 05, 2012
- Kate Middleton to Join Royal Waxworks of Madame Tussauds - Dec 28, 2010
- Kareena unveiled at Tussauds - Oct 27, 2011
- Bieber's wax statue to be unveiled in March - Feb 23, 2011
- Cheryl Cole gets her wax statue at Madame Tussauds - Oct 21, 2010
- Justin Bieber sized up for waxwork at Madame Tussauds - Feb 23, 2011
- Lady Gaga to make Madame Tussauds history - Nov 08, 2010
- Gwen Stefani calls her wax image 'weird' - Sep 24, 2010
- Wax statue biggest honour: Kareena - Nov 11, 2011
- Salman Khan's wax figure coming to New York - Jul 28, 2012
- Winslet's wax statue unveiled at Tussauds - Nov 10, 2011