Amy Winehouse dismisses adoption reportsApril 20th, 2009 - 5:47 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, April 20 (ANI): Amy Winehouse has dismissed reports that the singer is planning to adopt a child from the Caribbean.
The ‘Rehab’ singer recently returned to St. Lucia, where she has spent much of the last four months in a bid to escape her wild London lifestyle.
And Winehouse has been inspired to help underprivileged kids in St. Lucia - with reports suggesting she is putting plans in motion to become an orphan’s adoptive mother.
However, Winehouse’s representative insists the singer’s words were taken out of context.
He said that Winehouse isn’t thinking of adopting in the literal sense - explaining that the singer is determined to offer a helping hand to kids’ community projects in the resort.
“Amy was talking about adopting in the context of looking after children on the island, perhaps through some kind of music and education-based project,” Contactmusic quoted the rep as saying. (ANI)
- Is Winehouse planning to adopt St Lucian child? - Apr 19, 2009
- Winehouse had plans to adopt? - Aug 01, 2011
- Winehouse plans to adopt - Apr 19, 2009
- Brown asks Rihanna to curb wild behaviour - Jul 15, 2012
- Amy Winehouse to marry ex-husband in Caribbean island - Jan 11, 2010
- Amy Winehouse to take up nursing in St Lucia - Jun 09, 2009
- Amy Winehouse 'dating' Mischa Barton's ex-beau - Jul 29, 2009
- Winehouse's home now a rehab charity - Aug 06, 2011
- St Lucia club names itself Rehab in tribute to Winehouse - May 09, 2009
- Amy Winehouse romancing waiter on Caribbean holiday - Apr 18, 2009
- Winehouse spent fortune partying in Caribbean - Oct 05, 2009
- Can Amy Say No To Drugs and Booze? - Oct 11, 2010
- Is Blake Fielder-Civil cheating on Amy Winehouse? - Jan 17, 2010
- Winehouse to re-marry Blake Fielder-Civil in St Lucia? - Jan 10, 2010
- Winehouse asks for teabags, brown sauce - Apr 16, 2009
Tags: adoption reports, adoptive mother, amy winehouse, caribbean, community projects, education, four months, helping hand, kids community, kind of music, literal sense, london lifestyle, st lucia, underprivileged kids