Amy was too young to die, says goddaughterJuly 24th, 2012 - 7:06 am ICT by IANS
London, July 24 (IANS) Amy Winehouse’s goddaughter Dionne Bromfield wrote an impassioned speech about the late singer on her first death anniversary Monday saying how much she missed her.
In a series of tweets, Bromfield wrote: “I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends… Amy you are surrounded by angels who are your friends. It’s been a year since you left and I still think about you everyday,” reports contactmusic.com.
“I know your in a better place and you were to(o) young to die that is what hurts so much. God broke our hearts to prove he took the best. God gave you a special gift as sweet as can be your own precious angels to watch over you,” she further posted.
Winehouse died at the age of 27, a year ago July 23 after accidental alcohol poisoning.
Her father Mitch, who has since set up the Amy Winehouse Foundation in her honour, also thanked fans who had written to him on the micro-blogging site.
“Thank you all for your wonderful messages. We miss Amy so much but our work will continue. Long live Amy,” tweeted Mitch.
It has been revealed the singer has sold 1.7 million records since her death.
The figure is made up of sales of the two albums released while Amy was alive, “Frank” and “Back to Black”, her singles, and the posthumous collection, “Lioness: Hidden Treasures”.
- Posthumous Amy Winehouse album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Sykes, Bromfield together? - Jun 27, 2012
- Winehouse obsessed with spaghetti - Apr 22, 2011
- Amy Winehouse helps pop star goddaughter cut slang from songs - Apr 19, 2011
- Winehouse makes unsteady TV comeback - Oct 11, 2009
- No autopsy on Amy Winehouse before Monday morning - Jul 24, 2011
- Celebs mourn 'incredible talent' Amy Winehouse's death - Jul 24, 2011
- Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in London apartment - Jul 24, 2011
- Winehouse blasts goddaughter over Fielder-Civil reconciliation comments - Dec 23, 2009
- Amy Winehouse's father says that listening to 'Lioness' album is difficult - Dec 05, 2011
- Gaultier defends Winehouse-inspired show - May 05, 2012
- Winehouse creates record label to launch god-daughter - Sep 21, 2009
- Lady Gaga being preferred to play Amy Winehouse in biopic - Dec 13, 2011
- Peter Andre keen to sing with Winehouse - Jan 20, 2010
- No reunion for Winehouse, Blake - Dec 10, 2009
Tags: alcohol, amy winehouse, bromfield, death anniversary, dionne, god, goddaughter, hearts, heaven, hidden treasures, honour, impassioned speech, lioness, london, million records, miss amy, posthumous collection, precious angels