Amy Locane, Star Of ‘Melrose Place’, Indicted For HomicideDecember 17th, 2010 - 8:42 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
December 17, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): The 38-year-old Amy Locane, the actress of ‘Melrose Place’, had engendered a deadly vehicular crash in the preceding summer. What had happened was that Locane’s automobile, Chevy Tahoe, had slammed into the passenger side of Helen Seeman’s automobile, Mercury Milan, at Montgomery in New Jersey in June. The collision was so lethal that Seeman eventually passed away, with her husband being wounded. Locane had subsequently professed to the detectives that she had been under the influence of alcohol. She had guzzled numerous glasses of wine prior to driving on that fatal day.
Now, Locane has been indicted by the law enforcement authorities for aggravated homicide and attack by auto. The latter charge is as she had been involved in a hit-and-run crash on that very day, which did not cause any demise.
A grand jury in the Somerset County has indicted Locane. Locane ran away from the scene of her initial collision when the driver of that automobile endeavored to appeal for assistance. The driver chased her and mentioned to the police later that the actress was veering off and hammering some mailboxes. On being seized by the detectives, alcohol was detected in her breath and her eyes were bloodshot. She was transported to a close by clinic to assess her blood-alcohol level.
Locane now encounters the prospect of a maximum of 5 years in a penitentiary for the car attack charge and a maximum of 30 years in a penal complex for the charge of homicide. Locane is going to fight against the indictment. Her attorney, Blair Zwillman, has verbalized to Gossip Cop that the aggravated homicide charge is uncommonly utilized in circumstances such as these. He has pledged that he will fervently resist this wrong charge against his client, Amy Locane.
Locane, who enacted the character of Sandy in ‘Melrose Place’, has also participated in films such as Cry-Baby, Secretary and School Ties. Locane is, presently, at her residence in New Jersey as she has deposited a bail worth $50,000.
- Former "Melrose Place" Actress Amy Locane Indicted - Dec 18, 2010
- Amy Locane Charged With Vehicular Homicide - Jun 29, 2010
- "Melrose Place" Star Amy Locane Accused Of Fatal Homicide - Jun 30, 2010
- Amy Locane of 'Melrose Place' Indicted Over Fatal Car Wreck - Dec 17, 2010
- 'Melrose Place' Amy Locane Charged In Fatal Car Accident - Dec 17, 2010
- Star Of 'Melrose Place', Amy Locane, Faces Indictments Associated With Drunken Driving - Jun 30, 2010
- Former 'Melrose Place' star involved in fatal DUI crash - Jun 30, 2010
- Sopranos actor Joseph Gannascoli arrested on DUI charge - Jun 19, 2010
- Ala. prof - Amy Bishop charged in brother's 1986 death - Jun 17, 2010
- New technology won't let your car start if you are too drunk! - Jan 09, 2011
- RFK Jr. Initiates Divorce Proceedings - Jul 17, 2010
- Mary Richardson Kennedy Arrested - May 22, 2010
- Heather Locklear hospitalised - Jan 13, 2012
- Olathe, KS woman pleads guilty to identity theft - Mar 10, 2010
- Heather Locklear Cited For Involvement In A Hit-And-Run Case - Apr 22, 2010
Tags: amy locane, blood alcohol level, chevy tahoe, cry baby, detectives, grand jury, homicide charge, indictment, initial collision, latter charge, law enforcement authorities, mailboxes, melrose place, men at work, mercury milan, pen men, penitentiary, school ties, seeman, somerset county