Amrita Rao, a proud vegetarianJuly 14th, 2011 - 6:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 14 (IANS) Bollywood actress Amrita Rao, a proud vegetarian, has shot for a new pro-vegetarian advertisement for animal rights organisation People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India.
The 30-year-old looks casual in a pair of shorts and a clingy T-shirt that reads “Powered by Tofu” in the ad, through which she proclaims: “I Am Amrita Rao, and I Am a Vegetarian”.
“I call being vegetarian the Wow Rao diet. Wow because I know that being vegetarian is the best thing I can do for myself, the animals and the environment,” Amrita said in a press statement.
“Pulses can get pulses racing, while corpse cuisine slows you down. Kick the meat habit and you’ll look and feel better than ever,” added the actress, who featured in films like “Main Hoon Na” and “Vivaah”.
Rao joins a growing list of celebrities like Lara Dutta, Pamela Anderson, Shahid Kapoor, R. Madhavan and Anil Kumble, who have teamed up with PETA to promote a healthy vegetarian diet.
- Go vegetarian, urges Veena Malik - Oct 06, 2011
- Sonu Sood goes shirtless for PETA ad (With Image) - May 11, 2011
- Shahid voted Asia's sexiest vegetarian man - Jul 01, 2011
- Vidya Balan, Shashi Tharoor named hottest celeb vegetarians - Jan 18, 2011
- Dhanush, Mallika named hottest vegetarians - Jan 20, 2012
- Abhishek Bachchan bags best anchor award (Movie Snippets) - Jul 08, 2010
- Brand, Wiig named sexiest vegetarians - Jun 28, 2011
- Postal stamp sought to honour India's vegetarian heritage - Sep 28, 2011
- R Madhavan Is Sweeping The PETA Poll - Dec 09, 2010
- Hollywood-Bollywood come together for vegan cookbook - Jul 03, 2012
- Shahid promotes vegetarianism in new PETA ad (With Images) - Apr 11, 2011
- Mccartney immortalised on PETA Stamp - Nov 29, 2011
- Montreal bans Pamela Anderson's bikini ad for PETA (With Image) - Jul 15, 2010
- Give fur the cold shoulder, says Penelope Cruz - Feb 02, 2012
- Kareena, Sreesanth voted PETA's sexiest vegetarians alive - Feb 16, 2009
Tags: actress, amrita rao, Anil Kumble, animal rights, corpse, cuisine, ethical treatment of animals, healthy vegetarian diet, july 14, lara dutta, meat habit, New Delhi, pamela anderson, people for the ethical treatment of animals, pulses, r madhavan, shahid kapoor, t shirt, tofu, treatment of animals