Amitav Ghosh, Sunil Gangopadhyay shortlisted for Hindu prizeSeptember 26th, 2011 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 26 (IANS) Seven writers, including Amitav Ghosh, Sunil Gangopadhyay and U.R. Ananthamurthy, are in the fray for the Hindu Best Fiction Award 2011, the Chennai-based newspaper group has announced.
The shortlist for the award was unveiled by journalist Manu Joseph, who won the award last year for his “Serious Men”, at the end of the day-long Hindu Lit for Life festival Sunday evening in the presence of the panel of four judges and organisers.
The award will be presented Oct 30 in Chennai.
The shortlist includes “River of Smoke” by Amitav Ghosh, “The Fakir” (translated from Bengali) by Sunil Gangopadhyay, “Bharatipura” by U.R. Ananthamurthy (translated from Malayalam), “Litanies of the Dutch Battery” by N.S. Madhavan (translated from Malayalam), “The Folded Earth” by Anuradha Roy, “The Sly Company of People Who Care” by Rahul Bhattacharya, and “The Storyteller of Marrakesh” by Joydeep Roy-Bhattacharya.
The jury had received 129 submissions for the award this year.
- 16 authors in contention for Asian literature prize - Sep 14, 2011
- Indian language literature goes to Frankfurt Book Fair - Oct 10, 2011
- Ananthamurthy, Khair in contention for Asian literature prize - Oct 25, 2011
- Tagore's 150th birth anniversary celebrated at IGNOU - May 12, 2011
- Long-list of Man Asian Literary Prize (To go with New Indian fiction takes Asian centrestage) - Nov 03, 2011
- Sahitya Akademi to honour four northeastern writers - Aug 04, 2011
- New Indian reality fiction takes Asian centrestage - Nov 03, 2011
- Sanghi, Joseph win Vodafone Crossword Awards - Sep 04, 2011
- Rahul Bhattacharya wins British fiction prize - May 29, 2012
- Celebration of Indian literature in Delhi - Nov 30, 2011
- Row over Bhardwaj's stand on doctorate - Feb 06, 2011
- Ruskin Bond's book shortlisted for Vodafone-Crossword award - Jul 28, 2011
- Kumaraswamy calls off fast - Jul 10, 2011
- I never lived in ivory tower, says Jnanpith winner Kambara - Sep 20, 2011
- Rushdie, Ghosh, Lahiri in Vodafone-Crossword award shortlist - Jun 26, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,