Amitabh’s eyes said it all: Kannada actor SudeepMay 24th, 2009 - 3:33 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 24 (IANS) Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan says more with his eyes and body language than the dialogues in Ram Gopal Varma’s “Rann”, says co-star and Kannada actor Sudeep.
“There are many sequences in the film which feature me and Bachchan sir. The sequence starts with him asking me “Yeh kya hai, Jai (What’s happening, Jai)’ and I had to defend my actions. I had lot of dialogues in the film, but Bachchan sir would be expressive just through his eyes and body language.
“I had to see his eyes directly in many sequences of the film and see the intensity of his expressions. Somehow I’m happy that I was able to pull it off well,” Sudeep told IANS.
With “Rann”, Varma is attempting to expose the media industry and has cast Amitabh as a media baron. Apart from Amitabh and Sudeep, the film also stars Riteish Deshmukh, Paresh Rawal, Gul Panag and Neetu Chandra.
Talking about the film’s theme, Sudeep said: “The film has some media related situations, but majority of the sequences have emotions and sentiments and relate to our everyday life. And the performances will be so natural that the audience would be able to identify each of the characters in the film,” said Sudeep.
The film has also been in the news for the controversial song “Jana gana mana ‘Rann’ hai”, where Varma has twisted words of the national anthem.
Sudeep refused to comment on the song controversy saying “I think RGV sir is talking about it and it is best to leave it to him.”
Sudeep is currently shooting in Bangalore for the film “Kichcha Huchcha”, which is being produced by K. Manju and directed by Gurudatt. Ramya is playing his love interest in the film.
Sudeep has also finished shooting a song sequence for his own directorial venture “Just Maath Maathanalli” in Hyderabad.
- Sudeep to work with Ram Gopal Varma again in 'Phoonk II' - Oct 18, 2009
- Working with Amitabh fulfils my mom's dream: Sudeep - Feb 05, 2010
- Sudeep praised in Rann - Feb 02, 2010
- Sanjay's tribute to Big B with 'Thodi si jo pi li hai' - Apr 21, 2012
- I am now getting roles that suit me: Amitabh Bachchan - Jan 23, 2010
- Amitabh Bachchan hits Bangalore to promote Rann - Jan 27, 2010
- 'Kempe Gowda' entertaining masala movie (Kannada Movie Review) - Mar 13, 2011
- Kannada Star Sudeep's Birthday Celebrated On September 2 - Sep 07, 2010
- Rann: Is a must watch - Jan 29, 2010
- Acting with Big B is a huge bonus: Kannada star Sudeep - Apr 22, 2009
- Big B has not said no to me: Varma - Apr 27, 2012
- Sudeep And Ramya Release 'Kichcha Huchcha' Audio Album - Sep 01, 2010
- Big B recreates 'My name is Anthony Gonsalves' - May 08, 2012
- 'Rann', a razor-sharp biting look at the real world (IANS Movie Reiview) - Jan 28, 2010
- 'Rann' of business and conscience in media (IANS Preview) - Jan 26, 2010
Tags: amitabh bachchan, body language, controversial song, directorial venture, gul panag, jana gana mana, love interest, manju, national anthem, neetu chandra, paresh rawal, ram gopal varma, ramya, rann, rgv, riteish deshmukh, song sequence, sudeep, twisted words, yeh kya