Amitabh visits ailing filmmaker who gave him his first hitMay 1st, 2009 - 4:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 1 (IANS) Taking time out from his choc-a-block schedule, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan visited veteran filmmaker Prakash Mehra, who gave him his first big hit “Zanjeer”, at a hospital here.
Amitabh went to the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital Thursday to see Mehra, who is recuperating from his ailment. Mehra’s other big hit with Amitabh was “Namak Halal”.
“Prakash Mehra, the director of some of my most significant and most successful films lies in the ICU. When I went to him, he had difficulty in recognising me. It is most depressing to see my contemporaries in this way.
“This wizard of a director, now lying inane and without response, eyes open but closed for all purposes, ventilator breathing for him - just so unimaginable. The doctors say he is improving. I hope he recovers well and remains healthy,” Amitabh posted about his visit on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com.
Karan Johar’s mother Hiroo Johar too is hospitalised there and the Big B visited her as well.
“Hiroo Johar has had a surgery and was recovering well. Her back has been troubling her for long and needed surgery. That went off well and she now recuperates in her room. She is her optimistic cheerful self and we spent time with her and Karan,” wrote Amitabh.
After that he went to see Dimple Kapadia’s sister Simple in the same hospital. Amitabh says that his meeting with Simple left him feeling emotional as she had told him an old tale despite her condition.
At the same hospital, the sexagenarian also went to see singer-composer Adnan Sami’s ailing father Arshad Sami Khan, a former Pakistani diplomat, who is suffering from cancer of the pancreas.
“Adnan Sami’s father is critical too. I visited him. Adnan not being there, I wished a speedy recovery and came away,” said Amitabh.
As for his own experience of being at the ICU, Amitabh says they are “disturbing locations for me and I would rather not be there.”
- Adnan Sami overwhelmed by Bollywood concern - May 05, 2009
- Prakash Mehra - creator of Bollywood's 'angry young man' (Obituary) - May 17, 2009
- Adnan's Father Bonds With The Big B and Shah Rukh Over Veer-Zara - May 04, 2009
- High Drama At Adnan Sami’s Residence On Sunday Afternoon…Ex-Wife Barges In With Lawyer ... - Jan 06, 2011
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Karan Johar to catch World Cup final at home - Apr 02, 2011
- Adnan's house confiscated, ex-wife barges in with lawyer - Jan 04, 2011
- No 'Agneepath' shoot, so Priyanka prepares for 'Barfee' - Mar 23, 2011
- Adnan Sami lets the music play on 39th birthday! - Aug 23, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt wishes Big B speedy recovery - Feb 12, 2012
- Shahid raises an eyebrow on 'Bipasha' (Movie Snippets) - Jan 26, 2012
- 'Dedh Ishqiya' shoot to begin September (Movie Snippets) - May 09, 2012
- Big B, Jaya visit Shatrughan Sinha in hospital (Movie Snippets) - Jul 20, 2012
- Govinda wishes Big B speedy recovery - Feb 19, 2012
- Family, friends pour in at Shammi's residence to pay tribute - Aug 14, 2011
Tags: adnan sami, ailment, ambani, amitabh bachchan, cancer of the pancreas, choc a block, contemporaries, dimple kapadia, hiroo, johar, kokilaben dhirubhai ambani hospital, mehra, pakistani diplomat, pancreas, sexagenarian, speedy recovery, taking time, ventilator, veteran filmmaker, zanjeer