Amitabh to be discharged from hospital soonFebruary 20th, 2012 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 20 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be relieved “in a day or two” from the SevenHills Hospital, where he is recuperating following two abdominal surgeries.
“Amitabh’s health is improving. Doctors will take a call regarding his discharge from the hospital by today (Monday) evening. He should be discharged in a day or two,” a source told IANS.
The 69-year-old, who was admitted to the hospital Feb 11 for the surgery, has shown signs of improvement — he is going through hunger pangs, and also walked around a bit in his room.
Amitabh underwent two abdominal surgeries, after which he developed acute pain. Doctors contemplated another surgery, but the plan was shelved after his condition began to improve.
Now he seems to be in a much better position, and should be home soon to play with his granddaughter — son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai’s daughter, nicknamed Beti B — soon.
Big B’s health condition stems from his near-fatal accident on the sets of “Coolie” in 1982. Ever since, he has been frequently admitted to hospitals for treatment.
After his “Coolie” accident, he was reportedly attacked by the life-threatening disease Myasthenia Gravis, a neuromuscular ailment that causes muscle weakness.
In November 2005, he was back in the hospital — first he was admitted to Escorts Hospital in the capital and later shifted to Mumbai’s Lilavati Hospital with diverticulitis of the small intestine - when the walls of the large or small intestine tend to get weaker leading to an inflammation.
On Nov 30, 2005, he was operated on for the problem and he had to be in the hospital for two months.
Three years later, on his birthday, Oct 11, he complained of pain and was rushed to hospital. He was suspected to be suffering from incisional hernia, a recurring problem that has been troubling him for the past 30 years.
- Amitabh likely to undergo another surgery? - Feb 17, 2012
- Hospital stay could be long: Amitabh tweets as fresh complications arise (Second Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Fresh medical issues have come up, says Amitabh (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- I am better, says Amitabh - Feb 15, 2012
- Will be home in few days, full recovery to take months: Big B (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Big B unlikely to be discharged Tuesday - Feb 14, 2012
- Jaya, Shweta take care of Big B - Feb 15, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan in happy state before surgery: Doctors - Feb 11, 2012
- After pain, Big B remains in hospital (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Yes there's pain, Big B tweets from hospital bed - Feb 12, 2012
- Dad's surgery went off smoothly: Abhishek Bachchan (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Big B getting back to normal - Feb 22, 2012
- Big B battles sleepless nights in hospital - Feb 18, 2012
- Big B's health improves, feels hunger pangs - Feb 20, 2012
- No more surgery, Big B fine - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: abhishek, acute pain, ailment, aishwarya rai, amitabh bachchan, coolie, diverticulitis, granddaughter, health condition, hunger pangs, incisional hernia, inflammation, life threatening disease, lilavati hospital, muscle weakness, myasthenia gravis, oct 11, pain doctors, small intestine, surgeries