Amitabh thanks fans, hits out at media on blogOctober 18th, 2008 - 1:23 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 17 (IANS) Bolywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who was discharged Friday from the Lilavati Hospital here after being treated for an abdominal condition, has thanked his fans for their good wishes but has hit out at the media for being “insensitive” while reporting on his illness.“My sincerest thanks to all who gave me strength to fight another medical battle. The fans and well wishers. The media friends who wrote in on my mobile. Friends who visited me at the hospital and those that wrote in. Strangers who I never met or know,” Amitabh wrote on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com Friday.
“Your love overwhelms me. Your concern for my well being humbles me. I owe so much to you,” the blog further read.
Amitabh slammed the media in the blog and mocked at their paparazzi approach when he was being taken to hospital in an ambulance after he had complained of bdominal pain on his 66th birthday Oct 11.
“There is a muted silence outside…No one says a word, except the media. They clamour and scream for that exclusive shot, invading the sanctity of the ambulance. They would never understand the sensitivity of the situation,” he wrote.
He added: “Media is an added hindrance to a smooth, quick emergent ride to Nanavati. If they had their way they would ideally want to be seated on the stretcher with me and have me answering questions - ‘What would be the celebrations for the birthday sir and will you be inviting Shah Rukh’. Insensitive. Callous.”
Posting two back-to-back notes Friday evening, Amitabh also explained his hospital experience in detail from the time he was rushed first to Nanavati Hospital and followed by his stay in Lilavati hospital where he was shifted the same day.
Diagnosed with incisional hernia, the Big B had been in hospital for a week. He went back home in his own car and was accompanied by son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai.
The star said he had plans of “rest and recuperation” at his Jalsa home apart from giving company to the women in his house for a quick glance of the moon from the roof to break their fast on “Karva Chauth”, which he termed a “torturous practice”.
- Amitabh likely to undergo another surgery? - Feb 17, 2012
- Fresh medical issues have come up, says Amitabh (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Abishek accompanied Big B for his checkup - Apr 10, 2012
- Big B denies controlling coverage of grandchild's birth - Nov 08, 2011
- Amitabh to be discharged from hospital soon - Feb 20, 2012
- No breaking news of Ash's baby, skeleton coverage on TV - Nov 16, 2011
- Hospital stay could be long: Amitabh tweets as fresh complications arise (Second Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Break in at Bachchan home (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Break in at Big B's house - Jul 22, 2012
- Big B back home, upset with paparazzi's insensitivity (With Image) - Feb 24, 2012
- Karva Chauth - a fast catching trend - Oct 15, 2011
- Prying cameras messed up Karva Chauth: Amitabh Bachchan - Oct 20, 2008
- Abhi-Ash welcome baby girl, get wishes galore (Roundup) - Nov 16, 2011
- Why Big B sneaked into his house? - Jan 02, 2012
- ''Big B'' admitted to hospital on 66th birthday - Oct 11, 2008