Amitabh shows ‘definite’ improvement, say doctorsOctober 14th, 2008 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 14 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, who was admitted to hospital after he complained of abdominal pain, is showing “definite” improvement, said a spokesperson for Lilavati Hospital here Tuesday.The medical team attending on Bachchan is pleased with his progress over the past four days. Amitabh was taken to hospital Saturday when he was celebrating his 66th birthday at his bungalow Pratiksha in Juhu.
“Bachchan is definitely improving and doctors are happy with his recovery. Any other news is rumour,” said Lilavati Hospital spokesperson Mohan Rajan in a press statement.
“Bachchan is also able to converse with his family members, all of whom are with him constantly,” he added.
The Big B has expressed his gratitude and said that he felt “most humbled” by the prayers and good wishes of his fans and well-wishers. However, there was no indication when Bachchan is likely to be discharged from the hospital.
Apart from his wife Jaya, daughter Shweta Nanda, son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai are present at the hospital.
- Amitabh Bachchan now on liquid diet, shows improvement - Oct 15, 2008
- Jaya, Shweta take care of Big B - Feb 15, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan's tests are normal, will go home soon, says doctor - Oct 12, 2008
- Amitabh to be discharged from hospital soon - Feb 20, 2012
- Baby girl for Abhi-Ash - Nov 16, 2011
- Got 2,843 congratulatory tweets in half-an-hour: Big B - Jun 22, 2011
- On birthday, Amitabh Bachchan hospitalised, under observation (Second Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- Break in at Big B's house - Jul 22, 2012
- Amar Singh visits Bachchan family to wish them - Nov 16, 2011
- Break in at Bachchan home (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan recuperating in Mumbai hospital (Third Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- Sanjay Dutt wishes Big B speedy recovery - Feb 12, 2012
- Standing ovation for Amitabh at National Awards nite - Oct 22, 2010
- Amitabh Bachchan 'counted' in Census - May 11, 2010
- Fresh medical issues have come up: Big B - Feb 16, 2012