Amitabh Bachchan now on liquid diet, shows improvementOctober 15th, 2008 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 15 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s health continues to improve and he has been put on a liquid diet on the fifth day of his hospitalisation following complains of abdominal pain, a spokesperson for Lilavati Hospital said here Wednesday.”Amitabh Bachchan continues to improve in health. He is on a liquid diet. While the doctors are definitely happy with his constant progress, they are not ready to comment on when he is going to be discharged,” said Lilavati Hospital spokesperson Mohan Rajan in a statement.
“The media has been requested to do factual and responsible reporting and not indulge in any speculation whatsoever,” Rajan added.
Bachchan was rushed to the Nanavati Hospital, Vile Parle, a northwest suburb Saturday afternoon following complaints of abdominal pain and breathlessness. Later he was shifted to Lilavati hospital. He was celebrating his 66th birthday at his bungalow Pratiksha in Juhu.
Apart from his wife Jaya, daughter Shweta Nanda, son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai are present at the hospital.
Bachchan is now talking to his family members, all of whom are with him.
- On birthday, Amitabh Bachchan hospitalised, under observation (Second Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- Amitabh Bachchan's tests are normal, will go home soon, says doctor - Oct 12, 2008
- Amitabh Bachchan rushed to second hospital on birthday (Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- Amitabh to be discharged from hospital soon - Feb 20, 2012
- Amitabh shows 'definite' improvement, say doctors - Oct 14, 2008
- Amitabh Bachchan recuperating in Mumbai hospital (Third Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- Jaya, Shweta take care of Big B - Feb 15, 2012
- Fresh medical issues have come up: Big B - Feb 16, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt wishes Big B speedy recovery - Feb 12, 2012
- Abhishek on dad's health: 'Mard ko dard nahin hota' (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Bollywood has Rs.1 riding on Big B - Oct 12, 2008
- I am better, says Amitabh - Feb 15, 2012
- Amitabh to write blog from hospital bed (With Amitabh Bachchan's tests are normal) - Oct 12, 2008
- No more surgery, Big B fine - Feb 18, 2012
- Baby girl for Abhi-Ash - Nov 16, 2011