Amitabh Bachchan in happy state before surgery: DoctorsFebruary 11th, 2012 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 11 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, scheduled to undergo abdominal surgery here Saturday, was happy and cheerful before being wheeled into the operation theatre in the morning, doctors attending on him said.
“Amitabh Bachchan had come with an abdomen complaint. The doctors found that surgery would relieve him. He is undergoing surgery right now. It is in progress, he is doing well,” Dr. Asthana, a representative of the SevenHills Hospital told reporters at a press conference here.
The press conference was addressed by three representatives from the SevenHills Hospital, where Big B’s granddaughter Beti B was born too.
The doctors refused to divulge other details about the surgery, but they said the 69-year-old veteran was wheeled in around 9 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
“All his family is with him, aaram se thhe (he was relaxed). His vital parameters were fine. He was taken inside. He is in a happy state,” added Dr. Asthana.
The abdominal surgery is for addressing a legacy of his 1982 accident on the sets of “Coolie” movie, Amitabh’s son Abhishek had informed earlier.
- Amitabh to be discharged from hospital soon - Feb 20, 2012
- Dad's surgery went off smoothly: Abhishek Bachchan (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Jaya, Shweta take care of Big B - Feb 15, 2012
- I am better, says Amitabh - Feb 15, 2012
- Yes there's pain, Big B tweets from hospital bed - Feb 12, 2012
- Big B unlikely to be discharged Tuesday - Feb 14, 2012
- Amitabh likely to undergo another surgery? - Feb 17, 2012
- After pain, Big B remains in hospital (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Big B getting back to normal - Feb 22, 2012
- No more surgery, Big B fine - Feb 18, 2012
- Will be home in few days, full recovery to take months: Big B (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Big B battles sleepless nights in hospital - Feb 18, 2012
- Hospital stay could be long: Amitabh tweets as fresh complications arise (Second Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Big B's health improves, feels hunger pangs - Feb 20, 2012
- I am repairing well: Amitabh - Mar 04, 2012