Amitabh Bachchan honours director Madhur Bhandarkar in MumbaiJune 22nd, 2008 - 9:52 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 22 (ANI): Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan felicitated Bollywood director Madhur Bhandarkar, known for his acumen for depicting real life on celluloid in Mumbai on Saturday.
In a function, which was organised, to honour Madhur Bhandarkar, who has recently won a national award at 54th National Film Awards for his film Traffic Signal, Bachchan presented a golden memento to him.
His film Chandni Bar, which he made in the year 2001 starring Bollywood actress Tabu and Atul Kulkarni won him critical acclaim and catapulted him into the top league of filmmakers in Bollywood. He received his first national award for this film.
Madhur continued his success story by making films like Satta, Page 3 and Corporate. He won his second national award for his film Page 3.
Bachchan appreciated this young filmmaker for his socially relevant and hard-hitting films.
As I said just now that it’s a moment of privilege that we have director’s like Bhandarkar in our film fraternity. He makes his films in a different way, said Bachchan.
Bhandarkar on the other hand said that he felt honored after receiving an award from the hands of a living legend.
I have grown up watching the films of Amit ji (Amitabh Bachchan) and I still cannot believe that he has come here to honour me. He said so many good things about my films from Chandini Bar to Traffic Signal and I’m looking forward to work with him, said Bhandarkar.
Fashion, a forthcoming film by Bhandarkar has a massive star cast, which includes Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut, Neil Mukesh and Arbaaz Khan. (ANI)
- 'Chandni Bar' completes 10 years, Bhandarkar gets nostalgic - Sep 28, 2011
- I am not gender-biased: Bhandarkar - Aug 29, 2012
- Ash, Bhandarkar launch 'Heroine' in Cannes (With Images) - May 13, 2011
- Bollywood shifts from formula films, explores dark realities - Jul 19, 2011
- Kareena will be a shocker in 'Heroine', says Bhandarkar - Jan 10, 2012
- Mumbai court summons Madhur Bhandarkar in rape case - Sep 19, 2011
- The year Aamir, Farhan changed Bollywood creativity - Jul 26, 2011
- Pretti Jaiin rape case: Madhur Bhandarkar summoned Nov 14 - Oct 18, 2011
- Taking a huge risk with romantic comedy: Madhur Bhandarkar (Interview) - Jan 16, 2011
- Crime rate will go down after watching Jail -Madhur Bhandarkar - Nov 09, 2009
- 'Heroine' will be a landmark in Kareena's career: Bhandarkar - Nov 16, 2011
- Dev saab's spirit, optimism inspiring: Bhandarkar - Dec 04, 2011
- Bhandarkar amused over 'Fashion' copyright case (Movie Snippets) - Apr 13, 2012
- I want to make an intense love story: Bhandarkar - Feb 19, 2011
- Abhishek celebrates dad's National Award win by doing monkey dance - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: acumen, amitabh bachchan, arbaaz khan, atul kulkarni, bollywood, celluloid, critical acclaim, film traffic, filmmaker, filmmakers, forthcoming film, kangana ranaut, living legend, massive star, memento, mukesh, national film awards, priyanka chopra, traffic signal, year 2001