Amitabh Bachchan happy to be cleared of Bofors taintApril 25th, 2012 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 25 (IANS) Mega star Amitabh Bachchan said Wednesday he was happy to be cleared of the Bofors allegations but was “pained” this had happened after 25 years.
Speaking to reporters here, Bachchan said that he had “lived with humiliation and loss of reputation” all these years.
However, he wished his father, the late Harivanshrai Bachchan, had lived to see the development. “My family knew the truth on Bofors all along, from day one,” Bachchan said.
Bachchan’s reactions came in response to fresh revelations in the Bofors case in which the Swedish investigator said his (Bachchan’s) name was planted by Indian investigating agencies.
- Amitabh Bachchan happy to be cleared of Bofors taint (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Happy to be cleared of Bofors taint: Amitabh Bachchan (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Bofors resurrected, Congress again on mat over Quattrocchi (Intro Roundup) - Apr 25, 2012
- BJP, Left want government's explanation on Bofors revelations - Apr 25, 2012
- We've been vindicated, say Bachchans after Bofors revelations - Apr 25, 2012
- Opposition asks government to explain Bofors disclosures (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Bofors resurrected, Congress on mat over Quattrochchi again (Roundup) - Apr 25, 2012
- What Lindstrom said on key players in Bofors scam - Apr 25, 2012
- Big B getting back to normal - Feb 22, 2012
- Chronology: Bofors graft row over last 25 years - Apr 25, 2012
- Bofors truth revealed repeatedly: Congress - Apr 26, 2012
- Bofors saga: a new twist and a story retold (Comment) - Apr 26, 2012
- 25 years of India's 'Watergate': The Bofors scandal (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- 25 years of India's 'Watergate': The Bofors scandal (Second Lead, superseding previous story) - Apr 25, 2012
- Cheerful Amitabh, Amar Singh share dais - Mar 30, 2010