Amitabh, Aamir to discuss marketing strategies for ‘Paa’, ‘3 Idiots’November 15th, 2009 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 15 (IANS) Bollywood stars Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan are leaving no stone unturned to promote their upcoming films “Paa” and “3 Idiots” respectively - the two are meeting Sunday to discuss marketing gimmicks for both the films.
“Paa” is releasing Dec 4, while “3 Idiots” hits the screens Dec 25.
“Aamir comes over Sunday at my initiative to discuss a few promotional points for our respective films. It is always a joy to meet him… We have always spent time together discussing various topics of common interest and yes films is one of them. Lets see how things go,” Amitabh posted on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com Saturday.
Aamir, who excels at promotional gimmicks for his movies, has so far had live chat with fans on the Internet, reportedly got in touch with them through social-networking websites and even launched the music of the film online.
Directed by Rajkumar Hirani, “3 Idiots” has been produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra. Based on Chetan Bhagat’s bestseller “Five Point Someone”, it stars R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi and Kareena Kapoor apart from Aamir.
Big B too is promoting “Paa”, in which he plays a 13-year-old suffering from the disease progeria that causes premature ageing. He says his fans often come to visit him on Sundays and that he plans to “give hand outs autographed by me or maybe by Auro”.
“There is a unique way in which the promotion for ‘Paa’ is scheduled over the radio and soon you shall all be in a position to witness it…,” he wrote.
“Talks have now been initiated for the premiere to be held in not one, not two, but three centres. And we are diligently working on a London-Dubai-Mumbai destination… The logistics and the mechanics are being worked out and hopefully there will be some news soon,” he added.
Directed by R. Balakrishnan, “Paa” stars Abhishek Bachchan and Vidya Balan as Amitabh’s parents.
- Sachin Tendulkar likes Big B in 'Paa' - Jan 01, 2010
- Amitabh shoots for next AB Corp film 'Bbuddah - Hoga terra baap!' - Mar 07, 2011
- My eyes went moist at standing ovation: Amitabh Bachchan - Oct 23, 2010
- '3 Idiots' triumphs at IIFA; Vidya, Kareena are best actresses (Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- Big B wants Dilip Kumar, Sachin Tendulkar to see 'Paa' - Dec 28, 2009
- Vidya goes 'Ooh la la' with Big B - Nov 08, 2011
- When Big B stole Shah Rukh's lunch! - Jan 12, 2010
- London, Dubai premieres of 'Paa' cancelled - Nov 18, 2009
- Aamir hopes 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' beats '3 Idiots' success - Jun 15, 2012
- Balki considers adding three deleted scenes in 'Paa' - Dec 19, 2009
- Balki makes 'Bbuddah...' promos, Big B ecstatic - Jun 19, 2011
- Aamir, Kareena to video chat with fans for '3 Idiots' - Nov 08, 2009
- Glittering 'Paa' premiere attended by Bollywood glitterati - Dec 04, 2009
- SNS! The hottest spot for film marketing - Dec 24, 2009
- Bollywood shares National Award honours with Malayalam, Bengali cinema (Roundup) - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: aamir khan, abhishek bachchan, amitabh bachchan, auro, balakrishnan, bigadda, bollywood stars, chetan bhagat, dec 25, kareena kapoor, marketing gimmicks, marketing strategies, progeria, promotional gimmicks, r madhavan, sharman joshi, social networking websites, upcoming films, vidya balan, vinod