America’s Got Talent Results: Jackie Evancho, & More Going to Semi-FinalsAugust 12th, 2010 - 4:27 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) After the YouTube version of ‘America’s Got Talent’, there were a few outstanding acts..a sixteen year old concert pianist who was amazing, known as “Maestro Alexander Bui”, and Dan Sperry , the magician who reminded many of a character from a Tim Burton movie. But perhaps the most beautiful thing that many had ever heard was the voice of ten year old Jackie Evancho. She sang like an angel, and won the hearts of Americans…but did she make it through to the next round?
Of the first four acts which America voted on, Maestro Alexander Bui went through. He beat out a pizza tosser, a comedian whose material was mostly about Facebook, and an ol cowboy whose dog didn’t play the accordion. As judge Piers Morgan pointed out, it was a very easy decision.
And the next group of contestants include a jump roping teen, a man with moves like Michale Jackson, and the magician Dan Sperry, who made Sharon laugh so hard that she was unable to speak the previous night. After America’s vote, Dan Sperry has unsurprisingly made it through. This leaves only two spots available.
And now comes the time for Ryan Rodriguez, a dancer which Howie said “You’re good at it, but I don’t know what ‘it’ is.” And little ten year old Jackie Evancho, whom Piers called “The most extraordinary act I have ever seen on this show, America’s Got Talent”. The audience was going crazy, and nick Cannon could hardly announce that Jackie Evancho had won.
Jackie’s eyes were full of tears as she described how amazing it felt to be chosen by America. And to hush all the doubters, who had tried to claim she was lip syncing, Howie had Jackie sing a few notes acapella…yes, folks, it is indeed her own voice…and it is incredible!
And that leaves one spot left in the finals…from a choice of varied singers, including PLUtonic, Can Hodges, and Christina Young…and this time it is up to the judges to pick out of the last two. America sent PLUtonic home, which left Christina Young and Cam Hodges.
Howie wanted to choose both, and was very proud of them, but he said that his gut went with Cam. Sharon felt that they were like new born babies and had no idea what their best performance was yet. She liked them both, but she chose Christina, which leaves the decision up to Piers. He explained that since he really doesn’t know either of them he was going to have to bet on which he thought would have the most potential, and he felt that was Christina.
So Jackie Evancho, Maestro Alexander Bui, Christina Young, and Dan Sperry have all made it through to the ‘America’s Got Talent’ semi-finals! Congratulations and good luck to them all!
- America's Got Talent: 10 Year Old Jackie Evancho Steals the Show - Aug 11, 2010
- America's Got Talent: Jackie Evancho, Fighting Gravity, Studio 1 Among Top 10 - Sep 02, 2010
- America's Got Talent: Wild Card Results - Aug 19, 2011
- 10-Year-Old Jackie Evancho Enthralls "America's Got Talent" Judges - Aug 12, 2010
- 10-year-old Jackie Evancho shines as an opera star on America's Got Talent - Aug 12, 2010
- America's Got Talent; Ozzy Wins a Bet, Michael Grimm Wins! - Sep 16, 2010
- The Hunt For The Top 4 On 'America's Got Talent' - Sep 08, 2010
- America's Got Talent Episode 14 - Jul 14, 2011
- Michael Grimm Takes ''America's Got Talent'' Crown - Sep 16, 2010
- America's Got Talent: Season 6 Episode 3 & 4 - Jun 09, 2011
- America's Got Talent: Semi Finals & Results - Aug 26, 2011
- Ten Year Old Opera Singer Jackie Evancho Steals The Show - Aug 12, 2010
- Michael Grimm Shines With 'When A Man Loves A Woman' - Sep 15, 2010
- Kylie Minogue And Jimmy Fallon Grace 'America's Got Talent' Stage - Aug 26, 2010
- Jackie Evancho Becomes The Highest Selling Debut Singer Of 2010 - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: america s got talent, beautiful thing, bui, christina young, comedian, concert pianist, facebook, going crazy, hush, jump roping, lip syncing, maestro, magician, michale jackson, nick cannon, piers morgan, ryan rodriguez, semi finals, sperry, tim burton