America’s Got Talent Judge Piers Morgan to Replace Larry KingSeptember 8th, 2010 - 11:12 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Sep 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Piers Morgan, the British television host who is best known to Americans as one of the judges for the competition show ‘America’s Got Talent’, will soon be replacing Larry King of ‘Larry King Live’ with an hour on prime time which will feature, “a candid, in-depth newsmaker interview program” according to a report from “CNN”.
The President of ‘CNN_US’, Jon Klein stated, “Piers has made his name posing tough questions to public figures, holding them accountable for their words and deeds. He is able to look at all aspects of the news with style and humor with an occasional good laugh in the process.”
CNN did not yet release the name of the show, which is scheduled to air live on CNN_US at 9 pm ET and will also air on over 200 countries. Although Morgan will be based in New York, he will also work from both London and Los Angeles.
Larry King made the announcement over the summer that he had planned to quit the Larry King Live show which he has hosted since 1985.
Morgan seems very excited with the new position and had this to say, “I have watched ‘Larry King Live’ for much of the last 25 years, and dreamed of one day filling the legendary suspenders of the man I consider to be the greatest TV interviewer of them all.”
- Piers Morgan Officially Replaces Larry King - Sep 09, 2010
- 2.24 million people tune in to Larry King's last show - Dec 19, 2010
- Piers Morgan will replace Larry King - Sep 10, 2010
- Simon Cowell Says He Helped Piers Morgan With CNN Deal - Jul 05, 2010
- Piers Morgan to take over Larry King's CNN slot? - Jul 14, 2010
- Piers Morgan set to earn up to $8m from 3-yr CNN deal - Jul 15, 2010
- Piers Morgan replaces Larry King - Dec 16, 2010
- "Piers Morgan Tonight" Primiered With Oprah Winfrey - Jan 18, 2011
- Rumors Abound! Will Piers Morgan Replace Larry King? - Jun 15, 2010
- Winfrey first guest on Piers Morgan's new show - Jan 07, 2011
- Larry King Returns to Television in New Sitcom Gig - Jan 13, 2011
- Piers Morgan exits America's Got Talent judging panel - Nov 11, 2011
- Piers Morgan to replace Larry King on CNN - Sep 09, 2010
- Piers Morgan's CNN Debut Triples The Ratings Of Larry King - Jan 19, 2011
- Piers Morgan likely to host 'Larry King Live' - Jun 13, 2010
Tags: america s got talent, british television, cnn, competition show, greatest tv, humor, interview program, jon klein, larry king, larry king live, laugh, london, new position, newsmaker interview, piers morgan, prime time, suspenders, television host, tough questions, tv interviewer