American Idol: Top 8 ‘Motion Picture Night’April 14th, 2011 - 4:20 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Apr 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) As ‘American Idol’ opened last night, Ryan Seacrest brought a blush to the cheeks of Jennifer Lopez by announcing her latest honor, being voted the ‘Most Beautiful Woman in the World’ by ‘People’ magazine. Last night’s episode featured songs from the movies on ‘Motion Picture Night’.
Paul was the first contestant to take the stage on American Idol last night. For his song, he chose “Old Time Rock & Roll” which he added his own flair to. Randy said that we had just witnessed the first number at a Paul McDonald concert. Steven liked it, and noted that the audience seemed to as well. Jennifer added that he had killed it again this week.
Lauren came with “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus, and made the popular teen-pop song and made it country. The judges loved it, and as Steven put it, “You moved me beyond tears.” Jennifer shared with Lauren that she loves the “tears” which Lauren has in her voice, and said that she sang it “so beautifully.” Randy said that she made the song sound as though it were written for her.
Stefano brought it to the stage with “The End of the Road.” Randy thought that he slayed it, and said he is in it to win it. Steven added, “You know how to milk a song.” Jennifer also felt that Stefano is singing to win.
Next up was Scotty, with “I Cross My Heart” from the movie ‘Pure Country’. Randy loved the song choice, and loved that Scotty returned to his roots. Steven loves Scotty’s voice and agreed that he had picked the right song. Jennifer said it was really good, but she was not as thrilled with the song.
Casey went against the advice of his helpers backstage, and chose to sing “Nature Boy” by Nat King Cole. It was a very good decision. Randy said that he gave a “Grammy type” performance and called him a true artist. He felt the performance was “brilliant…absolute genius.” Steven felt that Casey is an artist is the truer sense of the word. Jennifer told Casey that it was magnificent and that she hopes America felt the same way.
Haley gave an amazing performance of “Call Me” by Blondie, but the judges were not impressed. Randy did not like the start at all, but felt she did better in the end, but still felt she did not show why she should stay in the competition. Steven said he agreed somewhat, but complimented her outfit. Jennifer loved it once she really belted it out.
Jacob’s performance of “Bridge Over Troubled Waters” was very inspiring, and the judges loved it. Randy said that James took his time with it, and then blew it up at the end. Steve was amazed at how much James put into the song, and added, “God bless you.” Jennifer said that he gave her chills, and that he is such a gifted vocalist.
James took American Idol into heavy metal music, with the song “Heavy Metal” and he rocked the stage. Randy said we had all just been to a James Durbin concert, and that it was unbelievable. Steven felt it was outstanding, and Jennifer was blown away.
And those were the performances from last night’s American Idol. Tune in tonight and find out who American voted for, and who will go home.
- American Idol: Top 24 Revealed - Feb 24, 2011
- American Idol-Top 9 Results: Did American Get it Wrong? - Apr 08, 2011
- American Idol: Top 13 Perform - Mar 10, 2011
- American Idol: Top Nine Perform Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - Apr 07, 2011
- American Idol: First Results Show of the Season - Mar 04, 2011
- American Idol, Top 12 Perform - Mar 17, 2011
- American Idol: Top 11- Liv Tyler, Gordon Ramsey - Mar 24, 2011
- American Idol: Top 3 Perform - May 19, 2011
- American Idol: Top 12 Results, Karen Goes Home - Mar 18, 2011
- American Idol:Top 11 Results-JUDGES USE THE SAVE!! - Mar 25, 2011
- American Idol, Top 12 Guys Perform - Mar 02, 2011
- American Idol: Top 13 Results - Mar 11, 2011
- American Idol: Top Twelve Girls Perform - Mar 03, 2011
- American Idol final four battle it out - May 12, 2011
- Are Lauren Alaina & Scotty McCreery dating each other? - May 26, 2011
Tags: absolute genius, american idol, beautiful woman, blush, flair, jennifer lopez, miley cyrus, motion picture, nat king cole, nature boy, old time, paul mcdonald, people magazine, pop song, ryan seacrest, song choice, stefano, teen pop, time rock, true artist