“American Idol” Season 10 Kicks Off With New JudgesJanuary 20th, 2011 - 8:29 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Jan 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Highly anticipated musical reality show “American Idol” is back with a bang in its tenth season with its new set of judges. The show was aired on Fox on Wednesday. Music sensation Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson were the three judges who auditioned the participants and selected them for the next round of “American Idol”. The last night’s show featured New Jersey auditions and the “Aerosmith” front man Steven Tyler was somewhat flirty and playful and Jennifer Lopez seemed to have struggled with only “No”.
The show kicked off positively as the first three participants made their way to the next level. Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have replaced Simon Cowell, Kara DioGuardi and Ellen DeGeneres. After few auditions, the judges were somewhat disappointed, Jennifer Lopez was heard saying that she hates the way the participants are singing and she also said that she did not sign up to be the judge of “American Idol” to hear such disastrous auditions. The singer then said that she felt like going home as she was unable to take such poor auditions. In most of the cases, the judges unanimously gave green signals to the participants, however, Ashley Sullivan was one of the judges who got a red signal from Randy Jackson and green signals from other two judges.
Todd Gold, an executive producer of a reputed network said that Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler are bringing in excitement to the show and the viewers are excited to see more of them. He also said that the new panel of judges would definitely bring in more spice to the show. CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler said that the season 10 of “American Idol” would be interesting to see with its changes and new cast this year.
- American Idol Judge's Panel to be released Wednesday - Sep 20, 2010
- "American Idol" Premieres Tonight With New Judges - Jan 19, 2011
- 'American Idol' Season 10, Day 1 Review: Change Of Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- J.Lo set to become 'American Idol' judge - Sep 14, 2010
- Randy Jackson Asserts That Occupying Simon Cowell’s Chair Is A Weird Experience - Jan 20, 2011
- 'American Idol' Reportedly Takes Into Service Steven Tyler Of 'Aerosmith' - Aug 22, 2010
- J.Lo 'out of running as judge for 'American Idol' after diva act' - Aug 12, 2010
- Steven Tyler quits 'American Idol' - Jul 13, 2012
- "American Idol" Sacks Kara DioGuardi? - Jul 31, 2010
- J.Lo, Stephen Tyler to judge 'American Idol' - Sep 23, 2010
- Steven Tyler Of 'Aerosmith' Purportedly Enrolls Himself In 'American Idol' As Its Judge - Aug 19, 2010
- Lopez to get $12 mn for judging 'American Idol' - Sep 14, 2010
- Amerian Idol Unveils Steven Tyler's Vulnerable Side - Jan 20, 2011
- Kris Allen Speaks About "American Idol" Premiere On January 19 And Its Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- Jim Carrey's daughter eyes 'American Idol' - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: aerosmith, american idol, cbs entertainment, ellen degeneres, executive producer, front man, gina gomez, going home, jennifer lopez, kara dioguardi, music sensation, nina tassler, panel of judges, randy jackson, reality show, red signal, simon cowell, steven tyler, three participants, todd gold