‘American Idol’ Season 10, Day 1 Review: Change Of JudgesJanuary 20th, 2011 - 7:20 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Season 10 of the much awaited talent hunt show ‘American Idol’ has commenced and there is a buzz of interest since the judges are fresh giving the viewers a break from their usual Simon Cowell. ‘American Idol’ overall may want to portray the idea that this time there is a surprise in store with fresh faces sitting on the judge’s chair.
However, if the first episode of the show is anything to go by then sadly it is the same wine in a new bottle. Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson don the judges’ chair this time around instead of Randy, Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi. Of course, some fans may miss the meanness of Simon Cowell while some may be looking forward to how Lopez carries herself in the garbs of a talent hunt judge.
Lopez, quite unlike Cowell, is soft and contestant-friendly. She doesn’t yell or scream at them but is mild and even reluctant to deliver the disappointing bad news to the woeful contestants. Steven Tyler is a tad hot headed as we got to see when he screamed his lungs out at an elderly participant trying to pass off as a 30-year something.
On the first episode, the usual gimmicks and melodramas were on the show with the background of contestants blended with their talent. A tear-evoking effort at times! There is one change though. Now even the 15-year olds are permitted to come to the audition rounds but that didn’t make much of a difference in the Wednesday night’s first episode. Contestants of Day 1 and Day 2 were shown this Wednesday night and the fact that 51 of them got through speaks for the absence of the hot-tempered Simon Cowell.
- "American Idol" Season 10 Kicks Off With New Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- "American Idol" Premieres Tonight With New Judges - Jan 19, 2011
- Ryan Seacrest Has Deemed That Several Weeks Could Pass Before The New Judges of 'American Idol' Are Finalized - Aug 04, 2010
- American Idol Judge's Panel to be released Wednesday - Sep 20, 2010
- Randy Jackson Asserts That Occupying Simon Cowell’s Chair Is A Weird Experience - Jan 20, 2011
- American Idol Online Audition For Season 10 - Sep 17, 2010
- Steven Tyler Of 'Aerosmith' Purportedly Enrolls Himself In 'American Idol' As Its Judge - Aug 19, 2010
- J.Lo, Stephen Tyler to judge 'American Idol' - Sep 23, 2010
- Sir Elton John finds 'American Idol' boring - Oct 20, 2010
- American Idol premiered on 19th Jan - Jan 20, 2011
- J.Lo 'out of running as judge for 'American Idol' after diva act' - Aug 12, 2010
- 'American Idol' Reportedly Takes Into Service Steven Tyler Of 'Aerosmith' - Aug 22, 2010
- Steven Tyler Of Aerosmith Marks The Rocking Beginning Of "American Idol" Season 10 - Jan 21, 2011
- Lopez to get $12 mn for judging 'American Idol' - Sep 14, 2010
- Kris Allen Speaks About "American Idol" Premiere On January 19 And Its Judges - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: 15 year olds, american idol, audition, bad news, dioguardi, ellen degeneres, fresh faces, garbs, gimmicks, jennifer lopez, lungs, meanness, melodramas, participant, randy jackson, randy simon, simon cowell, steven tyler, talent hunt, wednesday night