“American Idol” Premieres Tonight With New JudgesJanuary 19th, 2011 - 8:01 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) “American Idol” season 10 would premiere tonight on WFXT (Ch. 25). The biggest surprise in this season is the alteration of the judges. People would be happy to know that they would be able to see singers like Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith front-man, Steven Tyler this time on the judges’ panel. However, only old judge who would be remaining in the show is Randy Jackson.
While Paula Abdul decided to leave two years ago, Simon Cowell officially decided to quit the show as he apparently got bored with the competition. Even Kara DioGuardi and Ellen DeGeneres could not retain themselves for too long. The absence of these old and experienced judges, was not something that Randy Jackson, was too happy with. He said in an interview that it would be rather weird for him to see none of the old judges beside him. He also thinks that it would be very different kind of a show with the absence Simon Cowell this time, as he is irreplaceable. He now wonders, who is going to be the “mean one”, especially when Steven Tyler has himself declared that he will not be mean with the contestants. However, sources that all the three judges agree and disagree a lot. Randy Jackson feels that this season will offer all the “flavor of the rainbow”.
Steven Tyler on the other hand feels that it would difficult to judge all the young contestants, who would be dominating the contest this time. This is because, he has three daughters of the same age. When asked whether he would like to see elements of rock from their music, he said that he would like that indeed, but he also has the ear for all genres of music. Jennifer Lopez said that she would like to combine all those elements that make her who she actually is.
- "American Idol" Season 10 Kicks Off With New Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- American Idol Judge's Panel to be released Wednesday - Sep 20, 2010
- 'American Idol' Season 10, Day 1 Review: Change Of Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- Ryan Seacrest: 'J. Lo is a mean American Idol judge' - Jan 07, 2011
- 'American Idol' Reportedly Takes Into Service Steven Tyler Of 'Aerosmith' - Aug 22, 2010
- American Idol: First Results Show of the Season - Mar 04, 2011
- Steven Tyler Of 'Aerosmith' Purportedly Enrolls Himself In 'American Idol' As Its Judge - Aug 19, 2010
- Randy Jackson Asserts That Occupying Simon Cowell’s Chair Is A Weird Experience - Jan 20, 2011
- Kris Allen Speaks About "American Idol" Premiere On January 19 And Its Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- J.Lo 'out of running as judge for 'American Idol' after diva act' - Aug 12, 2010
- J.Lo, Stephen Tyler to judge 'American Idol' - Sep 23, 2010
- Steven Tyler Of Aerosmith Marks The Rocking Beginning Of "American Idol" Season 10 - Jan 21, 2011
- Ryan Seacrest Has Deemed That Several Weeks Could Pass Before The New Judges of 'American Idol' Are Finalized - Aug 04, 2010
- J.Lo set to become 'American Idol' judge - Sep 14, 2010
- Sir Elton John finds 'American Idol' boring - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: aerosmith, alteration, american idol, dioguardi, elements of rock, ellen degeneres, front man, genres of music, jan 19, jennifer lopez, judges panel, kar, paula abdul, premieres, rainbow, randy jackson, simon cowell, singers, steven tyler, three daughters