American Idol: No ‘Top 24′ Stage, ‘Top 12′ Straightaway!November 20th, 2010 - 8:22 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Lythgoe has articulated to TV Guide about the preceding seasons that he deems that the ‘Top 24’ stage was a humdrum affair and that he was bored rigid by the time they got there. Particulars are still imprecise as to whether the Top 12 contestants would be elected by the judges or by the audience. Fox, along with Lythgoe, has not yet disclosed the content that would fill in the voting episodes, which are now changed.
The show’s 11th season in 2011 will also school the competitors in transition to become bona fide artists. The contestants would be given challenges. They would be ordered to render additional duties, apart from singing, such as to construct an excellent music video for promotional purposes and conceive their own renditions by functioning in concert with the band and the dancers.
Lythgoe has also remarked that they are going to seriously judge the singing capability of the contestants, which can be seen by the selection of the judges, namely, the sensuous Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler. Lythgoe has lauded the two by declaring that Lopez and Tyler present opinions earnestly and not superficially. They are devoted listeners.
Randy Jackson, the solitary remaining member from the original bunch of judges of ‘AI’, has seemingly adopted a strapping sense of command in the vein of Simon Cowell. Lythgoe has mentioned that Randy is pulling his weight. He has maximized himself and emerged out of himself, which is a situation that he is thoroughly enjoying.
These proposed changes to the format evidently signify that the makers of the show desire to procreate a genuine singing artist and not just a shallow winner.
- American Idol Promos: Jennifer Lopez And Steven Tyler Bob Their Heads - Dec 04, 2010
- "American Idol" Premieres Tonight With New Judges - Jan 19, 2011
- Kris Allen Speaks About "American Idol" Premiere On January 19 And Its Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- 'American Idol' Reportedly Takes Into Service Steven Tyler Of 'Aerosmith' - Aug 22, 2010
- Perry turns down $20 mn 'American Idol' offer? - Aug 26, 2012
- American Idol, Top 12 Guys Perform - Mar 02, 2011
- "American Idol" Season 10 Kicks Off With New Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- Steven Tyler Of Aerosmith Marks The Rocking Beginning Of "American Idol" Season 10 - Jan 21, 2011
- Mariah Carey's American Idol promotional photo released - Jul 27, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez: To Retain Own Flavor In American Idol 10 As One Of The Judges - Jan 27, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez Considered To Be "American Idol" Judge Frontrunner - Aug 07, 2010
- Actor Charlie Sheen is 'up for American Idol' - Jul 11, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez to return as judge on American Idol - Aug 11, 2011
- Lopez quits 'American Idol' - Jul 14, 2012
- Steven Tyler sings the National Anthem at the AFC championship (Video) - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: american idol, audience, capability, challenges, dancers, desire, excellent music, fox, jennifer lopez, listeners, music video, particulars, randy jackson, renditions, simon cowell, steven tyler, transition, tv guide