‘American Idol’ cannot afford Carey: CannonJuly 17th, 2012 - 2:13 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 17 (IANS) If “American Idol” bosses want Mariah Carey as their next judge, they will have to pay her twice the amount they pay Jennifer Lopez, says the former’s husband Nick Cannon.
The 42-year-old singer is rumoured to be one of the judges in the next season of the reality show, as the prior two judges - Steven Tyler and Lopez have made an exit from the show.
“I don’t know if they can afford Mariah Carey. That’s a lot of money. If they gave JLo $20 million, they might have to double that! You never know, it’s one of things, she’s got an album coming out so there’s promotional stuff,” tmz.com quoted Cannon as saying.
Asked if talks are on to pitch in Carey, the 31-year-old actor answered diplomatically, saying: “Everybody wants to talk to her.”
- Jlo wants Bon Jovi to succeed her - Jul 18, 2012
- Randy Jackson quits 'American Idol' judges panel - Sep 01, 2012
- Mariah Carey's American Idol promotional photo released - Jul 27, 2012
- Perry turns down $20 mn 'American Idol' offer? - Aug 26, 2012
- Mariah Carey To Judge American Idol? - Aug 24, 2010
- Lopez quits 'American Idol' - Jul 14, 2012
- Carey, highest paid judge! - Jul 25, 2012
- Charlie Sheen interested in judging 'American Idol' - Jul 13, 2012
- Steven Tyler wants a pay rise for 'American Idol' ? - Aug 09, 2011
- Mariah to replace Cheryl on US 'X-Factor'? - Oct 25, 2010
- Is Adam Lambert going to be a judge on American Idol? - Jul 09, 2012
- Mariah Carey 'in talks to get U.S. 'X Factor' slot over Cheryl Cole' - Oct 24, 2010
- Mariah Carey 'would love' to be American Idol judge - Aug 12, 2010
- Jlo's advice to Carey - Aug 23, 2012
- "American Idol" Season 10 Kicks Off With New Judges - Jan 20, 2011