American Idol auditions are onJanuary 21st, 2011 - 9:07 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New Orleans, Jan 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The “American Idol” auditions are going on. After the premiere, the audition bandwagon moved to New Orleans.
There were 6,500 potential idols who took part in the audition. The judges had a massive task of choosing just 37 auditioners from the lot.
What is unique about this season’s show is that for the first time, 15-year-olds were allowed to compete in the show. That seemed to have paid a good dividend because one of the 15-year-olds did a fabulous job of convincing the judges.
Jacee Badeaux who is just 15 years old sang “Sitting on the Dock of the Bay” and his rendition was so good that he was named among the final 37 contestants that were chosen from New Orleans.
The highlight of Thursday’s show was the performance of 16-year-old Brett Loewenstern. When Loewenstern spoke, many people did not give him a dog’s chance to impress. However it turned out that things are not always as they seem. He managed to impress the judges with his rendition and he was duly given the ticket to Hollywood.
The touchy moment of the show was the performance of Paris Tassin. Paris is a mother of a child who has special needs. She told the judges that the only reason why she is still living is because of the child and she was determined to make life better for herself and her daughter. She managed to get the nod of the judges with her performance and she was subsequently given the pass to Hollywood for the proper show.
- American Idol: New Orleans - Jan 21, 2011
- Lauren Alaina Wows "American Idol" Judges During Nashville Audition - Jan 28, 2011
- American Idol, Top 12 Guys Perform - Mar 02, 2011
- Khloe Kardashian to host 'X Factor'? - Sep 08, 2012
- 'American Idol' Is Back Again - Jan 12, 2011
- Tourrete Syndrome Fails To Thwart James Durbin - Feb 10, 2011
- American Idol: High School Girl From Nashville Impresses Judges And Audience - Jan 28, 2011
- American Idol: Will J-Lo Go Home? - Feb 25, 2011
- American Idol Orlando Auditions - Jan 21, 2010
- X-Factor Season Premiere: Rachel Crow - Sep 22, 2011
- American Idol takes on the Lone Star State - Jan 28, 2010
- Avril Lavigne Appears As Guest Judge On 'American Idol' - Jan 27, 2010
- American Idol auditions reach Aspen - Jan 26, 2012
- Daniel Franco Appears In Los Angeles Audition Of "American Idol" - Jan 27, 2010
- Ayla Brown: The Successful Young Lady - Jan 20, 2010
Tags: 15 year olds, american idol, american idol auditions, audition, bandwagon, dividend, fabulous job, highlight, hollywood, jan 21, loewenstern, massive task, new orleans, nod, paris, rendition, sitting on the dock of the bay, special needs, tassin