AMC Decides To Renew ‘Walking Dead’ Following Spectacular RatingsNovember 9th, 2010 - 7:00 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
November 9, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): AMC has now decided to grant a fresh lease of life to its show, ‘Walking Dead’. The second season will comprise of thirteen more episodes. The zombie show gained immense popularity amongst the adults aged 18-49. Consequently, it became the most coveted show among all its other cable TV compatriots.
Andrew Lincoln, in his role as the leader of a bunch of human survivors has managed an enviable fan following with ‘Walking Dead’ completely surpassing all records. Jon Bernthal also featured as a star in the series. The series premiered on Halloween day and saw more than 5.3 million viewers watch the series with heightening interest. Sunday’s episode saw another 4.7 million which is surely an impressive retention rating for any show on TV. The records for ratings got broken left, right and center making the decision for a second season completely justifiable for AMC.
The renewal of the series was announced by the channel last Monday. The global renewal announcement for Fox International Channels’ also formed a part of the announcement. Various other countries of the world like Middle East, Europe, Asia and Latin America followed the United States of America as far as the high premiere ratings of ‘Walking Dead’ are concerned.
Charlie Collier, the president of AMC stated that the dead have spread and added that he was proud to bring the dead back again that too around the globe. The series ‘Walking Dead’ is based on the comic series written by Robert Kirkman which had been published by Image comics.
- "The Walking Dead" Of AMC Renewed For Second Season - Nov 09, 2010
- Walking Dead Season 3 trailer released - Jul 16, 2012
- "The Walking Dead" Cast Members Name Their Favorite Horror Films - Nov 01, 2010
- "The Walking Dead" On AMC Gets Attention - Nov 01, 2010
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 2 Starts With Halloween Celebration - Nov 01, 2010
- The Walking Dead Will Take A Year’s Hiatus Before Walking Again - Dec 05, 2010
- Rubicon Set To Air On AMC - Jun 14, 2010
- AMC Decides To Cancel The Continuation Of 'Rubicon' - Nov 12, 2010
- AMC's "The Walking Dead" Writing Staff Fired? - Dec 03, 2010
- AMC Decides Not To Renew 'Rubicon' - Nov 12, 2010
- Rick Grimes Unites With His Family In The Latest Episode Of "The Walking Dead" - Nov 15, 2010
- Review Of 'The Walking Dead' - Nov 02, 2010
- AMC cancels Rubicon after just 1 season - Nov 12, 2010
- 'Walking Dead' premiere sets new rating records - Feb 15, 2012
- "The Walking Dead" Executive Producer Gale Ann Hurd Denies Staff Firing, Speaks About Season 2 - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: andrew lincoln, cable tv, comic series, compatriots, countries of the world, east europe, europe asia, fox international channels, halloween day, human survivors, image comics, immense popularity, last monday, latin america, men at work, million viewers, pen men, robert kirkman, second season, zombie