Amber Portwood caught while driving with a suspended licenseDecember 16th, 2010 - 9:38 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Indiana, Dec 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Teen mom star Amber Portwood has found herself on the wrong side of the law after she was pulled over by the police in Indiana.
Authorities initially suspected that the controversial star was driving under the influence but it later emerged that she was driving with a suspended license.
When the police pulled Amber over on Wednesday, she was tested with breathalyzer which she passed. The police however upon examination of her driving license discovered that it has been suspended. As a result, Amber was given a ticket.
The police initial suspicion that she was ‘driving under influence’ was inferred by the way Amber was driving. A source told reporters that Amber was driving recklessly and switching lanes indiscriminately. She was then made to undergo sobriety test which she passed.
The police issued her with the $150 ticket for driving with a suspended license. The police allowed the car to continue its journey because the passenger in the car agreed to take control of the car until they reach their destination. She was not arrested.
Amber is currently under scrutiny from the Child Protective Services and if it is found that she is not properly caring for her daughter Leah, the child will be given to her father.
- Amber Portwood, The Celebrity Of 'Teen Mom', Is Halted For Driving With A Suspended License - Dec 16, 2010
- Amber Portwood Pulled Over By Cops, Issued Citation For Suspended License - Dec 16, 2010
- Rachel Oberlin sentenced - May 06, 2011
- "Teen Mom" Amber Portwood Gets Daughter's Tattoo On Her Belly - Dec 18, 2010
- Amber Portwood is now out of hospital - Jun 20, 2011
- Charlie Sheen's Raunchy Pal Bree Olson Arrested For Alleged DUI - Feb 06, 2011
- Teen Moms' Amber Portwood's jail drama to be documented - Jun 12, 2012
- ‘Teen Mom’ Cast Amber Portwood Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges - Dec 28, 2010
- Golfer Rachel Connor arrested in Florida for DUI - Mar 08, 2012
- Teen mom Amber Portwood pleads guilty - Jun 10, 2011
- David Cassidy: To Challenge His DUI Arrest – Released On Bond - Nov 06, 2010
- Jaime Pressly charged with driving under the influence - Feb 02, 2011
- Former Supermodel Bridget Hall Arrested for DUI, Denies Charges - Sep 04, 2010
- Judge orders Amber Portwood to go to rehab in place of jail - Feb 09, 2012
- Robert Kennedy, Jr's estranged wife busted for DUI - Aug 25, 2010
Tags: amber, breathalyzer, child protective services, daughter leah, driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license, indiana authorities, initial suspicion, journey, scrutiny, sobriety test, teen mom, wrong side of the law