Amazing Race Host to set an Amazing rideFebruary 26th, 2009 - 4:30 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Phil Keogha, The Amazing Race host is now ready for an amazing ride, which he is going to multitask a bicycle trip across America.
The native of New Zealand, said he’s cycling cross-country to encourage people to pursue a healthy life. He also intends to spotlight the battle against multiple sclerosis, a cause he’s supported for several years.
Mr Keoghan will set off from Los Angeles on March 28 and end in New York on May 9. The day before the ‘Amazing Race’ season finale airs on CBS, the network said Wednesday. Even plans an of average 100 miles a day.
‘I feel like where we’re at in the economy, the bicycle is a pretty good solution to helping people’s waistlines, wallets and the environment,’ Mr Keoghan said by phone from Auckland during a visit to his homeland.
‘This is saying to people, look, it’s time to make a choice in your life. We have way too much obesity and way too many people sitting back and not getting involved in life,’ he said.
- Amazing Race announces the 11 teams for their 16th edition of the show - Jan 22, 2010
- Pedal your way to discovering the real India - Jan 09, 2012
- Multi-tasking as mother helped Jolie direct movie - Dec 22, 2011
- Creative Arts Emmy Winners - Aug 24, 2010
- Hyderabad gets first bicycle track for public - Mar 18, 2012
- Bihar's cycle of development - now labourers to get bikes - Aug 19, 2011
- Milk compound tough on waistline isolated - Jun 06, 2012
- 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards: Nominees & Winners - Aug 30, 2010
- Hero Cycles forays into high-end bicycles - Feb 20, 2012
- 6,000 cyclists pedal in Chandigarh - Sep 26, 2010
- Women with wide waists face higher cancer risk - Dec 29, 2010
- Men with fatter wallets have bigger waistlines - May 15, 2010
- A fat tummy shrinks your brain - Jan 09, 2011
- Pedalling 1,000 km to popularise cycling - Dec 14, 2010
- Cycling to work? Growing movement to tackle mobility crisis (Feature) - Mar 25, 2012