Amar Upadhyay to enter ‘Bigg Boss 5′ to raise heatOctober 9th, 2011 - 3:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 9 (IANS) “Bigg Boss 5″ is set to get its second male participant in Amar Upadhyay. The actor, who earned nationwide fame as Mihir Virani in popular show “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thhi”, enters the show Monday.
He promises to raise the heat inside rather than cool things down. “It’s going to be so much fun! Amar told IANS over phone from Mumbai. “I am going to heat up the scene with the right kind of heat.”
He thinks the girls are going to be happy that one more male is entering the house. “Shakti (Kapoor) will also be quite relieved,” he said. “The crowd is quite young and happening inside.”
Twelve beauties from different walks of life entered the show along with one male, Shakti Kapoor, and one transgender, Laxmi Narayan Tripathi. Nihita Biswas, wife of “Bikini Killer” Charles Sobhraj, has already been evicted.
The “Bigg Boss 5″ house is already a pot of controversies thanks to constant arguments among participants. But ask Amar if he plans to play peacemaker, he says an emphatic no!
“I can’t play peacemaker and all that,” he said, breaking into laughter. “In fact, I will ignite more fire if I can. I am not going there to cool things down; I am going to heat up things.”
The 37-year-old has featured in shows TV shows like “Kyunki…”, “Viraasat” and “Chand Ke Paar Chalo”. He even had a stint on the big screen with films like “Dhund - The Fog” and “L.O.C. Kargil”, but failed to make it big in Bollywood.
One wonders if he has come in “Bigg Boss” to revive his career.
“I am not here to earn name or fame,” he said. “I thank God that I have both. I was offered ‘Bigg Boss’ in the first season itself. But I couldn’t do it because I was busy with my show ‘Viraasat’. Then I was also offered the fourth season, but I was busy travelling. Now the show came to me the third time… I think it is God’s way of saying that I have to be on the show, so this time I agreed because I had time.”
“Bigg Boss” has celebrity contestants locked inside a secluded house for three months, without any contact or communication with the outside world.
Amar, who agrees he will miss his family, says his other addictions — mobile, friends, and parties — will also be dearly missed.
- Akashdeep Saigal to enter 'Bigg Boss' house - Oct 24, 2011
- 'Splitsvilla' winner Siddharth to enter 'Bigg Boss 5' - Oct 15, 2011
- Male egos making 'Bigg Boss' house dreadful: Shonali Nagrani - Dec 18, 2011
- Amar Upadhyay to host crime show (With Image) - Jun 25, 2012
- Shakti Kapoor to dance with girls on 'Bigg Boss 5' finale - Jan 05, 2012
- Juhi Parmar wins 'Bigg Boss 5', takes home Rs.1 crore (Lead) - Jan 08, 2012
- I learnt how to make rotis, Indian curries: Andrew Symonds - Dec 18, 2011
- Mandeep apologised for sex query: Nihita Biswas - Oct 09, 2011
- Nihita Biswas first to be evicted in 'Bigg Boss 5' - Oct 09, 2011
- One 'beast', 13 beauties in 'Bigg Boss-5' house - Oct 03, 2011
- Mandeep Bevli out of 'Bigg Boss 5' - Nov 06, 2011
- Raj Thackeray objects to Marathi surname in 'Bigg Boss 5' - Oct 22, 2011
- Symonds wants to learn Indian culture in 'Bigg Boss' house - Dec 07, 2011
- Sobhraj's wife to show world who's the Bigg Boss - Sep 29, 2011
- 'Bigg Boss 5' high on fights, short on entertainment: KRK - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: amar upadhyay, beauties, bhi kabhi, bigg boss, chand, charles sobhraj, controversies, cool things, hellip, kargil, mumbai, New Delhi, peacemaker, shakti kapoor, stint, third time, transgender, tripathi, virani, walks of life