Allen’s long battle with lifeMarch 9th, 2011 - 4:31 am ICT by IANS
London, March 9 (IANS) Singer Lily Allen admits she has gone through a “long battle” following the loss of her first child.
The 25-year-old singer lost her first child with boyfriend Sam Cooper when she was six months pregnant last November and admitted the tragedy has changed her as a person and she has struggled to come to terms with what happened, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“It was a really long battle and I think that kind of thing changes a person,” she said.
The “Smile” hit maker has also spoke out about her struggle with eating disorder bulimia, confessing she used to make herself vomit after meals.
“I used to vomit after meals. It’s not something I’m proud of. But, I tell you what, a lot of people came up to me telling me how great I looked and I’d be on the cover of every magazine,” she said.
“I thought I looked good and it was great to be able to try on clothes and feel a million dollars. But I wasn’t happy, I really wasn’t. I would love to be the skinniest person in the world but I can’t do that without being unhappy because I like food,” she added.
- Lily Allen reveals eating disorder battle - Mar 09, 2011
- Lily Allen on losing her baby - Mar 08, 2011
- Lily Allen gets a new name - Aug 06, 2012
- Lily Allen is pregnant again! - Jul 09, 2012
- Pregnant Allen worries for unborn baby - Sep 10, 2011
- Lily Allen to change name after wedding - Jun 04, 2011
- Lily Allen to tie the knot in June - Feb 05, 2011
- Father confirms Allen's pregnancy news - Jul 17, 2012
- Post rehab, Lovato still self-harms - Mar 08, 2012
- Lily Allen unhappy with husband's drinking - Apr 15, 2012
- Lily Allen has a miscarriage - Nov 02, 2010
- Lily Allen says 'sobriety has opened her eyes' - Sep 20, 2010
- Lily Allen says she nearly died after losing her baby - Mar 30, 2011
- No 'stupid' name for pregnant Lily Allen's baby boy - Oct 20, 2010
- No 'wacky' names for Lily Allen's baby - Oct 21, 2010