All set to Shine(y) in HollywoodApril 29th, 2009 - 11:04 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Be it the troubled Daya of Gangster or the wily Vikram of Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, actor Shiney Ahuja is known for his intense performances. Well, his histrionics have captured the attention of well-known Hollywood producer James Ordonez, who has signed Shiney for his directorial debut, “Silver Cord’. Shiney will be playing an American in his Hollywood debut film unlike many other Indian actors. We spoke to the actor to know more his foray into Hollywood.
Q. What’s the name of your Hollywood film? How did you bag the role?
A. The name of the movie is “Silver Cord’. I don’t know if I can actually take the credit for getting such a tremendous opportunity. I actually am grateful to the two directors due to whom I could establish myself in Bollywood and now have an opportunity to work in a Hollywood project; Sudhir Mishra and Mahesh Bhatt. If it were not for Gangster, the first film of mine that James Ordonez saw and Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, that he saw next, I would not have been offered the role.
Q. Tell us something about your character in the film?
A. I am contract bound and cannot disclose anything except to say that I play a pivotal role and, yes, I play an American.
Q. Who are the producers/directors of the movie?
A. James Ordonez is the director of the movie. The producers of the film are Mark Canton, of “300′ fame and Michael Shane and Anthony Romano. They have produced several well-known films, among them are “Catch Me If You Can’ with Leonardo Di Caprio and Tom Hanks.
Q. Who will be your co-stars in the movie?
A. As of now, I can only speak about Val Kilmer.
Q. From when do you expect to start shooting for the movie?
A. The film is slated to begin sometime in the last quarter of this year
Q. Do you plan to make a foray into Hollywood with this film? And do you think that you will get diverse roles because of your international looks unlike a few Indian actors who always end up playing Indian/Pakistani characters?
A. Honestly, it is too early to think about foraying into Hollywood. I think I would prefer to let things take it’s own course. At this point, I can just take this as a tremendous opportunity that I have to deliver on and therefore keep my focus. Meanwhile, my energies are all directed towards doing great cinema in Bollywood which is my home.
Q. Would you rate your Hollywood break to be one of the best as compared to actors like Aishwarya Rai or Mallika Sherawat?
A. It is not fair to compare either of us in this regard. The circumstances, opportunity, roles, projects, that each of us have had are distinct and are fantastic in their own right. And each has a possibility of having a completely unexpected rewarding outcome. Frieda Pinto is a case in point. She has truly done us proud.
Q. What excited you about the film, the script, your role or the team behind the project?
A. All three and the opportunity to play a character from different culture. I am looking forward to the experience.
Q. Name a few Hollywood actors and actresses you would like to work with? If any, why would you want to work with them?
A. Sean Connery, John Travolta, Brad Pitt, Ben Kingsley, Angelina Jolie, Meg Ryan, Resse Witherspoon; I have an endless list!
Q. Which are your upcoming projects in Bollywood? Tell us something about them? What kind of roles are you playing in those films?
A. Right now, it’s Jahanu Barua’s Har Pal. Aside of that I have two other projects but I cannot speak about them as I am contract-bound. -Sampurn Media
- Shiney set for second innings, thanks Bharat Shah - Nov 08, 2011
- Horror films have loyal audience, says Shiney Ahuja - Dec 02, 2011
- Shiney hopes to shine again after 'Ghost' - Nov 28, 2011
- Shiney slaps notice to Micromax on 'Bai' commercial - Oct 24, 2011
- I hope Shiney will be declared innocent: Salman Khan - Mar 31, 2011
- Micromax Mobile withdraws 'bai' ad, Shiney relieved - Nov 08, 2011
- Industry, fans warmer to me than before: Shiney Ahuja (Interview) - Aug 26, 2012
- Arif Zakaria game for exciting cameos - Jul 31, 2012
- Experiments work in films, not in TV: Ram Kapoor (Interview) - May 25, 2011
- 'Serious' Chitrangada Singh craves for song and dance - Feb 26, 2010
- Link-up with Sudhir did upset me: Chitrangada Singh - Jan 26, 2011
- Chitrangada not my muse, asserts Sudhir Mishra (Movie Snippets) - Jan 17, 2011
- Don't call Chitrangada my muse: Sudhir Mishra (Movie Snippets) (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Kareena Kapoor, Chitrangada In Sudhir Mishra’s 'Dhruv' - Dec 04, 2010
- People couldn't imagine me in a commercial role: Chitrangada - Nov 18, 2011
Tags: ahuja, co stars, daya, debut film, directorial debut, histrionics, hollywood debut, hollywood film, hollywood producer, indian actors, intense performances, leonardo di caprio, mark canton, michael shane, mishra, ordonez, silver cord, tom hanks, val kilmer, vikram