All set for makeover: Prachi DesaiAugust 25th, 2011 - 3:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 25 (IANS) Tired of played sedate, butter-won’t-melt-in-the-mouth roles Prachi Desai is all set to loosen up and let her hair down. For Rohit Shetty’s “Bol Bachchan”, she teams up with Abhishek Bachchan and is going into the fun zone big time.
“I have a sober image and I am proud of it. I wouldn’t want to exchange that image just to be considered sexy. Even when I got my big Bollywood break in ‘Rock On’ and then in ‘Life Partner’ I played sweet goody goody roles. But now in my forthcoming films I am all set for a makeover. I am ready to do what the script requires,” said Prachi.
The 22-year-old, who started her career with Ekta Kapoor’s popular television show “Kasamh Se” where she played a small town girl, is ready for a complete makeover in Mahesh Bhatts’ “Informer” as well.
“But I’ve my inbuilt censor which stops me from doing certain things. I won’t go beyond the limits I’ve sent for myself. I am young and a girl of today. But so far whether on television or in films, I’ve played extremely inhibited conservative girls far older than I actually am. That will change now. I’m playing my own age and that too with leading men closer to my age,” she said.
About opting out of two South Indian films at the last minute Prachi said: “What can I do? It was a genuine dates problem in one case. As for the other film, nothing had been finalized, no dates nothing.
“If filmmakers want to use my name for publicity what can I do? It hasn’t been easy for me to make the transition from television to cinema. I had to prove myself doubly hard. And now if people want to spoil it for me,what can I say? Except that I wish them well.”
You wonder if Ekta Kapoor is proud of her blue-eyed girl and Prachi shoots back saying, “I hope she is!”
Asked her about her relationship status with Ekta, and Prachi turns diplomatic.
“So much has been said about our soured friendship. But the fact is, we are still the same. Nothing has changed,” said the actress who featured in Ekta’s production venture “Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai”.
- Waited long to play my age on screen: Prachi Desai - Apr 11, 2012
- I'm not going back to TV: Prachi Desai - May 12, 2012
- Unfortunate that Emraan's kisses still make news: Prachi Desai - Jul 14, 2010
- Prachi, Neha thank moms for their support - May 10, 2012
- Outsiders are not taken seriously in Bollywood: Prachi Desai - Jul 04, 2012
- Prachi happy to play her age in 'I, Me Aur Main' - Jun 24, 2012
- My chest has become blouse: Sujoy Ghosh (Movie Snippets) - Jul 16, 2012
- TV is stepping stone to films, says actor Gautam Gulati (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- I want to play my age: Vandana Pathak - Jun 23, 2012
- Prachi Desai excited about playing don's wife in Ekta's film - Apr 12, 2009
- 'My name is Chang & I'm not a foreigner' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 23, 2011
- Ekta's Ragini knew little about Delhi's Deepika - May 06, 2011
- Working on television not easy: Priya Bhatija (With Image) - Jul 20, 2011
- Tusshar takes Ekta's criticism positively - Jan 28, 2012
- Mouli, a shopaholic (TV Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, actress, big time, blue eyed girl, bol, ekta kapoor, forthcoming films, fun zone, girl of today, leading men, life partner, makeover, mumbai, prachi desai, publicity, relationship status, rohit shetty, small town girl, south indian films, television show