All about the Shahid- Anushka pairingApril 15th, 2009 - 4:59 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Anushka Sharma started her career as a young girl romancing the much older Shah Rukh Khan. And South actress Asin who debuted at the same time opposite Aamir Khan walked away with most of the limelight.
But the girl is actually all set to bounce back and this time with someone who’s closer to her age -Shahid Kapur. And yes, she’s working with her mentors- Yash Raj films all over again.
The buzz is that Anushka and Shahid will be paired opposite each other in a film to be directed by actor Parmeet Sethi who worked with Yash Raj years before in the hit “Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’. Apparently Aditya Chopra approved of the idea while shooting for “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’.
According to reports Parmeet has also roped in stand-up comedian Veer Das and Indian Idol contestant and host Meiyang Chang as lead actors of the film which will tell the story of four people and how they evolve in life.
Parmeet wasn’t too forthcoming and just revealed: “It’s true that I am planning to make this film but I will speak in depth when I get a go-ahead from the production house (Yash Raj).”
Maybe he’s being superstitious about things and thinks that revealing will make it difficult for the film. Yash Raj too propagates such a strategy.
The movie has already been tagged as an “unconventional film’. Well, that’s a cliché statement. We’ll only know when the film finally releases!
- Movie Review - Badmaash Company(2010) - May 07, 2010
- Never had three-film deal with Yash Raj: Anushka Sharma (Interview) - Dec 08, 2010
- Working with new actors a learning experience: SRK - Aug 06, 2012
- "I Think It Is Very Cheap To Link Me with Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Who Are My Good Buddies When the Truth Is That I Do Not Have Any Boy Friend" - Anushka Sharma - May 05, 2010
- It was refreshing to work with Katrina: Anushka Sharma - Aug 08, 2012
- Bonding with co-stars works for romantic film: SRK - Sep 26, 2011
- Shakti Kapoor's Daughter Shraddha Signs Three-Film Deal With YRF - Jul 05, 2010
- Anushka Sharma and Ranveer Singh Decides To Part Ways - Oct 13, 2010
- I'm lucky to work with Shah Rukh again: Anushka - Apr 06, 2012
- I Can Understand What A Woman Feels Because Writing A Story Is As Painstaking As Giving Birth To A Baby and Badmaash Company Took Nine Months To Make- Parmeet Sethi - May 05, 2010
- 'Rab Ne...' will always remain special: Anushka Sharma - Dec 10, 2011
- YRF's 'Band Baaja Baraat' releases Dec 10 - Sep 26, 2010
- Purab Kohli to do Yash Raj's next? - Jun 25, 2009
- YRF launches new face with Anushka Sharma - Feb 04, 2010
- We don't kiss on screen for the heck of it: Anushka Sharma - May 06, 2010