Alistair Darling-style eyebrows officially inApril 23rd, 2010 - 5:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 23 (ANI): It seems that overgrown, bushy eyebrows like those of UK politician Alistair Darling are the in thing now, especially after celebs like Victoria Beckham were seen sporting them.
Posh, 36, was seen sporting the eyebrows during a photoshoot for Vogue, and the trend seems to have been picked up by Chanel and Prada for their recent catwalk shows.
But its not only the celebs who have been affected, as a survey shows that the number of women seeking eyebrow transplants has doubled in the past 12 months.
The 3,500 pounds operation works in a similar way to a conventional hair transplant - with about 300 grafts from the scalp per brow.
“Exaggerated brows are definitely in this season, but it’s important that you are careful when trying to re-create the look,” Mirror beauty expert Madeline Crisp said.
“Use a good sharp pencil to achieve feathery strokes which mimic hair.
“Blondes might want to use a brow powder instead to avoid looking like an 80s-style Madonna.
“Always pluck stray hairs from underneath and keep the natural shape. Never pluck from the top,” she advised. (ANI)
- Bushy brows back in fashion - Mar 05, 2010
- Olivia Wilde prefers natural look - Apr 28, 2012
- Over-plucking eyebrows made friends suspect I'd done Botox: Cheryl Cole - Jan 10, 2011
- Kelly Osbourne defends bleached brows - Aug 08, 2012
- Lily Cole's relaxed beauty regime - Aug 03, 2012
- Bringing your crowning glory back - the Sehwag, Kallis way! - May 11, 2011
- Cheryl Cole won't pluck her brows - Jan 10, 2011
- Has Shane Warne undergone plastic surgery? - Aug 12, 2010
- Karlie Kloss graces the cover of Vogue Italia issue - Dec 02, 2011
- Hair-brained! Cheap transplants can damage scalp - Oct 12, 2011
- Kate Moss gets new hairstyle - Nov 04, 2010
- Keira Knightley chops off her locks - Oct 06, 2010
- Hair extensions could leave you with bald spots - Jan 26, 2010
- Supermodel Kristen McMenamy Fluants Grey Tresses On Magazine Covers - Aug 03, 2010
- Male pattern balding 'due to stem cell inactivation' - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: alistair darling, beauty expert, blondes, brow, brows, bushy eyebrows, celebs, chanel, crisp, eyebrow transplants, grafts, hair transplant, madeline, natural shape, photoshoot, politician, prada, stray hairs, victoria beckham, vogue