Alicia Keys’ charity event raises $2.4 mnOctober 3rd, 2010 - 1:33 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 3 (IANS) Singer Alicia keys has managed to raise funds upto $2.4 million for her charity Keep A Child Alive, with the help of her celebrity friends Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles, Whitney Houston and Usher.
The pregnant singer organised the seventh annual ball for her charity in New York Thursday to generate funds for HIV/AIDS affected men, women and children in India and Africa.
Keys is overjoyed by the success of the fundraiser, and says she wants her unborn child to learn the importance of giving and sharing, reports contactmusic.com.
“The baby is going to see everything we do and I think that we are giving individuals. (Even) something small like reaching out to one person in the world can change that one person. That’s a big deal. I plan to show that (to my child),” said Keys.
She performed at the event, and teamed up with Jay-Z for a rendition of their song “Empire State of Mind”.
Other guests at the high-profile event included Hollywood actress Uma Thurman and Jennifer Hudson.
- Pregnant Alicia Keys 'wants to teach her child about charity' - Oct 02, 2010
- Beyonce expecting baby girl? - Oct 28, 2011
- Jay-Z will be an awesome dad: Beyonce's mom - Oct 19, 2011
- Beyonce plans mega nursery for baby - Oct 21, 2011
- Kanye West wants to be godfather of Beyonce's child - Sep 01, 2011
- Jay-Z and me love changing nappies: Beyonce - Sep 11, 2012
- Beyonce introduces Carter to the world - Feb 12, 2012
- Armoured vehicle for Jay-Z's unborn child - Dec 19, 2011
- Beyonce hates smell of hubby - Sep 29, 2011
- Beyonce upset with attention seeker Kim Kardashian - Sep 07, 2012
- Beyonce wants to return to acting - Jun 19, 2012
- Beyonce feels blessed with Gwyneth's support - Nov 14, 2011
- Alicia Keys to wed fiance this weekend - Jul 20, 2010
- Jay-Z wants Beyonce to get back to work - Mar 20, 2012
- Beyonce guarded about new album - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: actress uma thurman, alicia keys, beyonce, beyonce knowles, celebrity friends, charity event, empire state, fundraiser, high profile, hiv, hiv aids, hollywood actress, jay z, jennifer hudson, men women, profile event, rendition, uma thurman, unborn child, whitney houston