Alejandro Sanz unveils album-title game for fansJune 6th, 2012 - 12:16 pm ICT by IANS
Miami, June 6 (IANS/EFE) Spanish singer-songwriter Alejandro Sanz, one of the most active artists on the social networks, is using an Internet game to get his fans to “guess” the title of his new album, his public relations office announced.
Via the online “Viene del aire” campaign, Sanz is proposing that his fans take part in a game on the Web site www.vienedelaire.com, where participants will be able to download paper airplane instructions, write on a piece of paper their guess for the album’s title and then use it to make the glider.
Fans are instructed to make video recordings of the entire process, including how the paper airplanes they’ve made fly, and then upload their videos on the same web page.
The best fan videos will be used for the Madrid artist’s promotional video for his new single, and he will announce the winner at the close of the campaign.
According to Twitter Counter statistics, the artist recently surpassed five million followers on that social network, almost three million more than he had a year ago, and his personal Twitter account is currently No. 55 on the list of the most-followed accounts in the world, a ranking headed by Lady Gaga, with more than 20 million.
Above Sanz on the list is Latino artist Shakira, No. 4 with more than 14 followers, and it also includes Americans of Hispanic origin Selena Gomez at No. 10, Puerto Rican Ricky Martin at No. 47 and Jennifer Lopez at No. 53.
- Shakira is seventh most popular person on Twitter - Aug 09, 2011
- Shakira notches 50 mn Facebook fans - May 13, 2012
- Juan Luis Guerra to launch new album - Feb 27, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias to appear on Facebook game - Oct 01, 2011
- Gianmarco releases new album - Jul 26, 2011
- Spanish pop star announces birth of third child - Jul 14, 2011
- Gloria Trevi presents second single of new album - May 10, 2011
- Ricky Martin fans to celebrate his 40th birthday - Dec 24, 2011
- Mexican singer needs more dental surgery after bad fall - Aug 12, 2011
- Ricky Martin to be teacher in TV series - Feb 07, 2012
- Don Omar tops Latin songs chart with `Taboo' - Aug 05, 2011
- `Tierra Firme' my most mature album: Luis Fonsi - Jul 06, 2011
- Julio Iglesias wraps up Spain tour - Aug 14, 2012
- Wisin, Yandel vault to No. 1 on Billboard Latin Songs - Sep 30, 2011
- Gerardo Ortiz tops Billboard Latin Albums chart - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: del aire, followers, hispanic origin, internet game, jennifer lopez, lady gaga, new album, paper airplane instructions, paper airplanes, piece of paper, puerto rican, ricky, ricky martin, selena gomez, shakira, singer songwriter, social networks, spanish singer, title game, video recordings