Alec Baldwin walks out on EmmysSeptember 19th, 2011 - 7:48 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Sept 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Actor Alec Baldwin has registered his protest against FOX by announcing that he will stay out of the Emmys on Monday. The actor is protesting against FOX’s decision to cut out a joke about media mogul Rupert Murdoch. The video was made by Baldwin and he intended to show it at the beginning of the show.
Baldwin on Thursday spilled the beans on Twitter. He wrote that, “I did a short Emmy pretape a few days ago. Now they tell me NewsCorp may cut the funniest line.”
FOX has denied that News Corps which is the parent company of the network and owned by Murdoch was responsible for the decision to cut the part that Baldwin is talking about from the video. The network in a statement issued to Entertainment Weekly said that they decided against the joke because it belittled the seriousness of the phone hacking scandal that brought down News Corps’ News of the World newspaper in the United Kingdom and nearly brought the entire empire of Murdoch on its knees.
The phone hacking scandal that hit UK earlier in the year became one of the hot topics in the country. Politicians, missing people, families of fallen soldiers in Afghanistan and entertainers were among the category of people alleged to have been targeted by the phone hackers.
- News Corp to be split into two companies - Jun 28, 2012
- Rupert Murdoch urged to quit - Apr 03, 2012
- James Murdoch resigns from the board of News Group Newspapers - Nov 23, 2011
- Rupert and James Murdoch appear before Britain's Parliamentary Culture Committee - Jul 19, 2011
- Murdoch quits as News International director (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Rebekah Brooks released on bail - Jul 18, 2011
- FBI probes News Corp activities in US - Jul 15, 2011
- James Murdoch resigns as News International chairman - Feb 29, 2012
- FBI may quiz Murdoch firm over bribe claim - Mar 07, 2012
- Jordan & Peter Andre fear that NOTW might have hacked their phone conversations - Jul 21, 2011
- Rupert Murdoch to appear in court - Jul 19, 2011
- Five employees of The Sun held in Britain - Feb 11, 2012
- Rebekah Brooks appears before the British Parliamentary Committee - Jul 20, 2011
- British MPs to get beefed up security after foam-fiasco - Oct 18, 2011
- Rebekah Brooks arrested? - Jul 17, 2011
Tags: actor alec baldwin, alec baldwin, corps news, emmy, entertainers, entertainment weekly, hot topics, knees, media mogul rupert murdoch, missing people, mogul rupert murdoch, news of the world, news of the world newspaper, parent company, phone hackers, phone hacking, politicians, scandal, seriousness, twitter