Alec Baldwin to pen parenting bookJune 22nd, 2009 - 12:41 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 22 (ANI): Alec Baldwin is planning to pen a parenting book as the actor fears parents may be going too soft on their kids.
The 30 Rock star, who previously revealed that he had become suicidal after his private voicemail to his daughter calling her a “rude little pig” was leaked, said that he was stunned at the way kids were being handled nowadays.
The 51-year-old explained that some parents opted to treat their children kindly at all times since they themselves were yet to get over their harsh past at the hands of their own parents.
“It will be ironic for some people, but I’m going to write a parenting book,” Contactmusic quoted him as telling Playboy magazine.
“We’re at… an awful place right now in terms of parenting. People are raising their children with the belief that we need to be friends with our children.
“Kids have too much power and call too many of the shots, telling their parents what they will and won’t do,” he added. (ANI)
- When Baldwin wanted to murder ex-wife's lawyer - Jul 03, 2012
- Alec Baldwin fine after his hospital visit - Feb 11, 2010
- Alec Baldwin considered suicide over 'rude little pig' daughter rant - Jun 17, 2009
- Top Celebrity Apologies Before Tiger Woods - Feb 23, 2010
- Alec Baldwin to marry fiancee in Europe? - May 25, 2012
- Alec Baldwin weds Hilaria Thomas - Jul 01, 2012
- Alec Baldwin walks out on Emmys - Sep 19, 2011
- Maurice Sendak defends his new book - Sep 21, 2011
- Rude Tiger Woods jokes omitted from Oscars script - Mar 08, 2010
- Alec Baldwin mocks airline industry in SNL skit - Dec 12, 2011
- Kristi Yamaguchi releases her book - Mar 30, 2011
- Store removes pig from kids' toy farm set in case it upset Muslims, Jews! - Nov 16, 2010
- 'Generation Text' baffles employers with informal job applications - Jan 05, 2011
- Elderly in Britain blame parents for naughty kids - Sep 02, 2011
- Harsh Snow Compels The Pupils Of The Hamilton School To Spend Monday Night At Their School Itself - Dec 08, 2010