Alec Baldwin drops out of ‘Rock of Ages’May 11th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York City, May 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Deadline has reported that Alec Baldwin will not be featuring in the star-studded movie “Rock of Ages” because of a medical condition. The report says the actor is undergoing a medical treatment which will not make it possible for him to meet the schedule of the movie’s filming.
Filming will reportedly start on the 23rd of May but Deadline says Alec has a medical condition that needs immediate attention. The movie which is an adaptation of the Broadway hit show with the same name will also feature stars like Catherine Zeta-Jones, Tom Cruise, Julianne Hugh and Russell Brand.
The report failed to state exactly what medical problem Alec is suffering from. The “30 Rock” star was scheduled to play the role of the character Dennis Dupree. Alec’s character is the owner of a bar and a rock star. Alec has some other projects ahead.
If the said medical condition does not get any better, Alec will not be able to work on another major project as well. The “30 Rock” star still has a year left on his contract. With his next flick coming up, he is set to miss it if he doesn’t get any better soon.
- Zeta-Jones to star in 'Rock of Ages' - Apr 24, 2011
- Russell Brand to star in 'The Hauntrepreneur' - Jan 27, 2012
- Tom Cruise goes shirtless for 'Rock of Ages' - Jun 19, 2011
- 'Rock of Ages' funniest rock comedy since 'Spinal Tap' (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 15, 2012
- Zeta-Jones enjoyed playing baddie - Jun 17, 2012
- Gerard Butler to romance Biel, Zeta-Jones and Thurman in new flick - Apr 07, 2011
- Brangelina to host Olympic party? - Jun 14, 2012
- Catherine Zeta-Jones to play Cleopatra - Jun 18, 2012
- Katy Perry in 'Rock Of Ages'? - Apr 05, 2011
- Doing musical much harder work: Zeta-Jones - Jun 13, 2012
- Zeta-Jones not pregnant - Jan 26, 2012
- Cruise surprises 'Rock of Ages' crew with treats - Jun 14, 2012
- Brand's role depends on wife Perry's scehedule - Mar 31, 2011
- Zeta-Jones doing great: Michael Douglas - Jun 13, 2011
- Anne Hathaway to star in 'Rock Of Ages'? - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: 30 rock, adaptation, alec baldwin, broadway, catherine zeta jones, dupree, flick, medical condition, medical problem, medical treatment, new york city, rock of ages, rock star, russell brand, tom cruise