Alcohol ruined Cooper’s lifeSeptember 6th, 2012 - 6:49 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 6 (IANS) Actor Bradley Cooper says he quit booze because it almost ruined his life.
“I was at a party, and deliberately bashed my head on the concrete floor and said ‘Hey, look how tough I am!’,” Cooper said in an interview with hollywoodreporter.com
“I did it again and spent the night at St. Vincent’s Hospital with a sock of ice, waiting for them to stitch me up,” he added.
“I don’t drink or do drugs anymore. Being sober helps a great deal. I remember looking at my life, my apartment, my dogs, and I thought, ‘What’s happening?’. I was so concerned what you thought of me, how I was coming across, how I would survive the day,” he said.
The 37-year-old said he felt like an outsider and realised that booze is making life worse.
“I always felt like an outsider. I just lived in my head. I realised I wasn’t going to live up to my potential, and that scared the hell out of me. I thought, ‘Wow, I’m actually gonna ruin my life. I’m really gonna ruin it,” he said.
- Right chemistry is important: Saldana - Sep 07, 2012
- I thought people knew i was gay: Elton John - Jul 19, 2012
- Jaws cameraman introduced Richard Dreyfuss to booze - May 30, 2010
- Lily Allen enjoying sobriety during pregnancy - Sep 19, 2010
- Guetta, Usher team up - Apr 27, 2012
- Gere remembers friend Herb Ritts - Apr 03, 2012
- Life 'extremely difficult' for Rajesh Talwar - Feb 08, 2011
- Depp suffered back injury on 'Pirates' set - May 09, 2011
- Russell Brand to produce 'The President Stole...' - Nov 15, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey not hosting Oscars 2012 - Jul 10, 2011
- Kids thrilled over Brangelina's engagement - Apr 16, 2012
- Matt Damon pulls out of directorial debut - Jan 08, 2012
- Johnny Depp reveals life hasn't always been so easy - May 02, 2011
- Lady Gaga is still daddy's girl, reveals new book - Mar 05, 2011
- How Ozzy Ozbourne quit cocaine? - Jun 16, 2010