Album signed by John Lennon for his killer for saleNovember 22nd, 2010 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Nov 22 (ANI): An album that John Lennon signed for his killer David Chapman hours before he killed the former Beatle is back up for sale for an astonishing 850,000 dollars.
The “Double Fantasy” LP was signed by Lennon as he left his home at the Dakota on Dec. 8, 1980. He was murdered by Chapman when he returned five hours later.
A maintenance man found the record at the Dakota entrance and handed it over as evidence. It was finally returned by authorities and is being sold through autograph dealer Gary Zimet’s momentsintime.com, reports The New York Post.
“The album is the most extraordinary artifact in rock and roll history. It has Lennon’s signature on the cover and Chapman’s forensically enhanced finger prints on the sleeve,” said Zimet.
“There are evidence markings from the NYPD. I originally sold it in 1999, but it has come back up for resale. The current owner doesn’t want to be named because he received death threats.” (ANI)
- John Lennon's last letter up for sale - Sep 12, 2010
- Today is John Lennon's death anniversary - Dec 08, 2011
- John Lennon's last autograph up for grabs - Sep 11, 2010
- 'Naked Lennon' up for grabs - Jul 25, 2009
- Wife of John Lennon's assassin could have saved the ex-Beatle - Dec 08, 2010
- In jail for 31 years, Lennon killer up for parole again - Aug 19, 2012
- John Lennon's killer denied parole - Sep 08, 2010
- Woman sells Obama's letter for $7,000 to pay for house - Nov 01, 2010
- Lennon's fingerprints seized by FBI from auction - Oct 08, 2010
- Struggling Mom Sells Handwritten Obama Letter - Nov 03, 2010
- John Lennon's never before seen art work to go on display - Feb 21, 2011
- The Slayer Of The Revered John Lennon Is Eligible For Parole Again - Sep 07, 2010
- John Lennon's 'Imagine' microphones up for grabs - Apr 30, 2011
- Lennon's Box of Vision out in October - Aug 19, 2010
- How Yoko Ono reacted when doc broke John Lennon's death news - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: artifact, authorities, autograph dealer, beatle, david chapman, death threats, dec 8 1980, double fantasy, finger prints, gary zimet, john lennon, maintenance man, momentsintime, new york post, nypd, rock and roll, rock and roll history, signature