Alanis Morissette still nursing sonMay 19th, 2012 - 2:49 pm ICT by IANS
New York, May 19 (IANS) Singer Alanis Morissette hasn’t stopped breastfeeding her 16-month-old son as she thinks it’s the best thing for his long-term emotional welfare.
The 37-year-old, who has son Ever Imre with rapper husband Mario Souleye Treadway, believes attachment parenting is important for a youngster’s well-being.
“I’m an attachment parent. I breastfeed and I’ll be breastfeeding until my son is finished and he weans,” contactmusic.com quoted the singer as saying.
“I think it affords the child, when he grows up, to have a lot less therapy to go to. For me, I protect his safety and his well-being and his attachment. That stage of development is a very important stage.”
- Morissette welcomes baby boy - Dec 29, 2010
- Alanis Morissette gives birth to baby boy on Christmas Day - Dec 28, 2010
- Morissette posts son's first picture on Twitter - Feb 10, 2011
- Morissette suffered from eating disorders - Nov 25, 2011
- Santa Claus Gifts Alanis Morrisette A Baby Boy On Christmas Day - Dec 28, 2010
- Alanis Morissette And Souleye Get Married - Jun 08, 2010
- Alanis Morissette and husband expecting their first child - Aug 12, 2010
- Alanis Morissette marries rapper Souleye - Jun 08, 2010
- Alanis Morissette And Mario Souleye Treadway To Welcome Their First Child - Aug 13, 2010
- Alanis Morisette's Secret Marriage To Souleye - Jun 08, 2010
- Alanis Morissette marries rapper beau - Jun 08, 2010
- 'Thank U' India singer Morissette ties knot - Jun 08, 2010
- 'Thank U, India' star Morissette is pregnant - Aug 12, 2010
- Martin suffers from ear trouble - May 06, 2012
- Flesh eating helped humans spread globally - Apr 19, 2012