Al-K-Traz members hurt in accidentApril 3rd, 2012 - 12:08 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, April 3 (IANS/EFE) Three of the five members of the norteno group Al-K-Traz remained hospitalised Monday after a highway accident in North Carolina.
A spokesperson for Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, confirmed Monday to EFE that lead vocalist Arturo Palomar remains in critical condition, while keyboardist Juan Soberanis is in serious condition and singer Antonio Hernandez is in stable condition.
The accident occurred last Friday in Asheboro as the band was traveling to a concert.
According to the state highway patrol, an automobile driven by Thomas Lauber, 53, rear-ended the SUV transporting the five band members.
The SUV flipped over several times and went off the road. According to a communique from Zamora Entertainment, band members Tony Saucedo and Erni Perez were thrown from the vehicle but suffered only minor injuries.
Lauber, who required medical attention and is in stable condition, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, driving in an irresponsible manner and drug possession.
- Nine gunned down at Mexican nightclub - Feb 05, 2012
- 25 die in Brazil accident - Mar 06, 2011
- Geraldo Ortiz nominated for 10 Billboard awards - Aug 26, 2011
- Mexican singer kidnapped, shot for refusing to sing - Apr 09, 2012
- Minivan runs over group of pedestrians in Japan, killing 7 - Apr 13, 2012
- Six die in shootout at Brazil nightclub - Aug 28, 2012
- Cattle baron slain in Mexico - Jan 29, 2011
- 15 die in Peru bus accident - Sep 14, 2012
- Nine bodies found on Mexican highway - Aug 21, 2011
- Ban cell phone use while driving: US safety panel - Dec 14, 2011
- TV reporter shot at in Honduras - Oct 31, 2011
- Don Omar, Prince Royce big winners at Billboard Latin awards - Apr 28, 2012
- Julio Iglesias to hold concerts in Argentina - Feb 06, 2012
- Four die in 50-vehicle pile-up in Chile - Oct 13, 2011
- Mexican cops give six-year-old a traffic citation - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: antonio hernandez, asheboro, baptist medical center, critical condition, driving under the influence, driving under the influence of alcohol, drug possession, efe, highway accident, hospitalised, irresponsible manner, keyboardist, lauber, minor injuries, norteno, saucedo, stable condition, state highway patrol, wake forest baptist medical center, zamora entertainment