Al Green to receive lifetime achievement gong at BET AwardsMay 17th, 2008 - 5:53 pm ICT by admin
London, May 17 (ANI): Veteran singer Al Green will be conferred with the Lifetime Achievement award at Black Entertainment TV (BET) Hip-Hop Awards.
The 62-year-old singer who rose to fame in the early and mid 1970s, is best known for his hits like Let’s Stay Together and Love and Happiness.
Meanwhile, Hip-hop singer T-Pain has triumphed the nomination list with five for his work with other artists. He appears three times in the best collaboration category.
The rapper has also been nominated viewers choice prize for his track with Chris Brown, and video of the year for Kanye West’s Good Life.
“T-Pain is everywhere,” BBC quoted BET executive vice president Stephen Hill, as saying.
“He’s got five nominations, none of them for his own work.
“He’s had a great year; he’s introduced a new element,” he added, referring to T-Pain’s synthesized vocals that have been replicated by other artists such as Snoop Dogg.
Kanye West and Keyshia Cole have been nominated in three categories, while Mary J Blige, Alicia Keys and newcomer Flo Rida have been nominayed in two categories each.
Moreover, rapper Nelly is set to set the stage on fire with his performance at the award function.
“Besides being the best black awards show that we have, also being one of the best awards show period, their ratings are through the roof,” said Nelly.
“They’re tuning in - black, white, Japanese, Chinese - you got it, they’re tuning in, which says a lot,” he added.
The award ceremony will take place in Los Angeles on June 24. (ANI)
- T-Pain to perform in India next week - Jun 12, 2011
- Beyonce, T.I. land top nominations at 2009 BET Awards - May 14, 2009
- Lil Wayne Deems That Shooting Of The Video For ‘Welcome To My Hood’ Was Scary - Jan 22, 2011
- David Beckham voted best dressed - Feb 20, 2012
- Grammy Awards criticised for using artists to boost TV ratings - Feb 22, 2011
- 50 Cent On Kanye West And Jay-Z Joint Venture - Jan 18, 2011
- Indian idioms for free-style western performances? The debate grows (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- Kanye West to design scarves - Apr 06, 2011
- T-Pain files a lawsuit against auto-tune maker Antares Technologies - Jul 29, 2011
- Star Studded Soul Train Awards Seizes Attention, Ronald Isley Bags Legend Award - Nov 30, 2010
- Diggy Simmons Gives A Stupendous Performance In BET Hip Hop Awards 2010 - Oct 13, 2010
- Take That named Best International Rock-Pop Act at Echo Awards - Mar 26, 2011
- Kanye West vows never to swear again - Aug 18, 2010
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2010 Premieres - Oct 13, 2010
- With 8 awards, Lady Gaga rules MTV Video Music Awards 2010 - Sep 13, 2010
Tags: al green, alicia keys, award ceremony, bet awards, bet hip hop awards, black entertainment tv, choice prize, chris brown, flo rida, gong, kanye west, keyshia cole, lifetime achievement award, mary j blige, mid 1970s, new element, snoop dogg, veteran singer, video of the year, viewers choice