Akshay’s Magic Mantra For Surviving The Current Bollywood CrisisJune 1st, 2009 - 2:58 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
While most work in the film industry has come to a standstill because of the current standoff between producers and multiplex owners Akshay Kumar is working harder than ever before.
He shot for two films Priyadarshan’s Dan Dana Dan and Vipul Shah’s Action Replay back-to-back in April and May and now he proceeds to shoot for buddy Sajid Khan’s Houseful in July.
While many of his colleagues gave taken off for holidays Akshay has decided to work harder than before during this dry period. “We all should get together to create a bank of work to be released in a tumble of films once the film is released. In fact that’s what I’m doing.”
Akshay follows a Japanese philosophy on work ethics. “When there was a strike in a shoe factory in Japanese instead of staying home, all the workers got together and manufactured only shoes for the left foot. Then when the strike was over the manufactured shoes for the right foot.”
Even as Akshay gets busier than ever he has decided not to do any off-beat films at the moment.The Tasveer 8 x 10 experience and its shockingly low opening has left him stunned.
“There’re too much financial stakes in my films.I have to be cautious,” he says.
It’s third-time lucky for Akki.
Vipul Shah was keen to cast Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Akshay together in Waqt and Namaste London.
“But because of Aishwarya’s problems with the dates the films went to Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif,respectively. And look at what the films did to the careers of those actresses! This time Vipul and Akshay were determined to get their first choice for the heroine’s role,” says a source.
And it surely seems like the right choice.
There’s magic in the air. Akshay and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan are shooting in Karjat together.
And the camaraderie is super-congenial. Akshay has been keen to work with Aishwarya for a long time. He earlier did Raj Kumar Santoshi’s Khakee with. But there she played the anti-heroine.
“It’s great fun. And we share a great comfort level.I’m also very fond of Abhishek. So it feels like one family,” says Akshay. -Sampurn Media
- How Does Akshay Feel About Aishwarya? - Oct 27, 2010
- Akki- Ash Jodi to rock? - Apr 19, 2010
- Akshay Kumar And Aishwarya Rai Go Retro And Aged For Action Replayy - Oct 23, 2010
- Akshay Kumar: Aishwarya Is Not A Diva - Oct 27, 2010
- Akshay And Ash - Dharmendra And Hema Malini Of The Modern Age? - Oct 28, 2010
- Akshay, Ash vie for resurrection this Diwali with 'Action Replayy' (IANS Preview) - Nov 02, 2010
- Akshay And Aishwarya Turn DJs! - Sep 16, 2010
- “Action Replayy” Preview: Akshay – Aishwarya Together Again - Oct 27, 2010
- I was blushing through making of 'Action Replayy': Akshay (With Images) - May 26, 2010
- Action Replayy Secures A Position In Oscar Library! - Nov 12, 2010
- Akshay-Ash take a trip down the memory lane! - Apr 05, 2010
- Will Neha match up to Ash thunder? - Sep 10, 2010
- 'Heroine' will be a landmark in Kareena's career: Bhandarkar - Nov 16, 2011
- Plays are platform to test run scripts: Vipul Shah (Interview) - Nov 03, 2010
- Diwali Clash: Vipul Shah Not Worried About Gol Maal - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: action replay, aishwarya rai, aishwarya rai bachchan, akshay kumar, dry period, japanese philosophy, jha, karjat, katrina kaif, magic in the air, namaste london, priyanka chopra, raj kumar santoshi, sajid khan, shoe factory, third time lucky, two films, vipul shah, waqt, work ethics