Akshay, Salman And Saif Compete For Don Seenu RightsSeptember 25th, 2010 - 6:34 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
September 25, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Bollywood has recently remade many South Indian movies and most of them like Ghajini and Wanted have become a hit at the Box office. This has probably increased the interest level of Bollywood filmmaker and actors into the South Indian films.
There is a report that three top Bollywood stars Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan and Saif Ali Khan are fighting for obtaining the rights of the recently released Telugu movie Don Seenu. Debutant Gopichand Malineni directed this movie with actors Ravi Teja, Sriya Saran, Anjana Sukhani and Mahesh Manjrekar in important roles.
The story of Don Seenu is about a young man, who is a huge fan of Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s film Don and he aspires to become number one don of the world. The rest of the movie revolves around his attempts to fulfill the dream.
The 27 year old director from Hyderabad sounded very happy as he was quoted saying that it is true that the film has developed lots of interest in Bollywood. The director gives all credit for this popularity to another director AR Murugadoss of Gahijini fame. He added that Murugadoss watched his film and discussed about it in Bollywood.
Gopichand informed that his producer told that Sohail Khan called up to get a DVD copy of the movie as Salman was interested to watch it. The young director said that he was also told about Akshay Kumar’s interest in this movie. He said that the dialogue writer of the film Kona Venkat is in Mumbai for last one week and he has informed about the interest shown by Saif Ali Khan to get the rights of Don Seenu.
However, Gopichand is not making the remake for Bollywood so is it Murugadoss, who will take up this task?
According to the debutant director, both Salman and Akshay are the biggest entertainers in Bollywood but he added that his hero Ravi Teja is known as the Akshay Kumar of South India. This is enough to get an indication about his liking towards Akshay. However, he did not mention about Saif.
But the last decision definitely does not depend on his liking so it would be interesting to see who turns “Don Seenu’ for Bollywood!
– Sampurn Wire
- Gopichand Malineni speaks about his Telugu film career - Sep 16, 2010
- 'Don Seenu' Grosses Rs 85 Lakhs On Opening Day - Aug 11, 2010
- 'Don Seenu' a Ravi Teja film all the way (Telugu Film Review) - Aug 08, 2010
- Ravi Teja Starrer Don Seenu To Release On Aug 6 - Aug 02, 2010
- Taurani to launch son opposite Shruti Haasan - Jul 29, 2012
- 'Mirpakaya' typical Ravi Teja movie, but enjoyable (Telugu Movie Review) - Jan 16, 2011
- Kareena to honour real-life bodyguards - Aug 18, 2011
- Ravi Teja's 'Veera' a let down (Telugu Movie Review) - May 22, 2011
- 7 AUM ARIVU completes first schedule - Sep 21, 2010
- After action, Prabhu Deva wants to direct horror movie - May 18, 2012
- Dual roles back in B-town: One ticket, double mazaa - Jun 20, 2012
- 'Main Khiladi Tu Anari' sequel won't happen: Saif - May 06, 2011
- 'Daruvu' ordinary fare, rides on Ravi Teja's shoulders (Telugu Movie Review) - May 27, 2012
- Salman, Katrina team up for 'Bodyguard' item song - Jul 26, 2011
- Akshay believes in love, not violence (Movie Snippets) - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, amitabh bachchan, anjana sukhani, bollywood stars, debutant, dialogue writer, ghajini, gopichand, interest level, mahesh manjrekar, megastar, ravi teja, saif ali khan, salman khan, seenu, sohail khan, south india, south indian films, sriya saran, venkat