Akshay likes women in traditional attire (Snippets)October 26th, 2010 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 26 (IANS) True to his earthy image, Bollywood star Akshay Kumar says he likes women in traditional attire.
“Women look fabulous in traditional attires. I have always liked women dressed in Indian clothes and with a ghunghat,” Akshay said.
The actor, who is hosting and co-judging Star Plus’ “MasterChef India”, is particularly impressed with Zebi, a contestant who hails from Lucknow. A very quiet young woman, Zebi has not compromised on her traditions and culture even while shooting and is always clad in simple salwar-kameez and takes a dupatta on her head.
“Zebi has the nazakat (grace) that every Indian woman should have in her,” the actor said.
“MasterChef India” is a cookery competition show.
Shweta Tiwari, Dolly Bindra in catfight!
What started off as a minor argument over kitchen work soon became a major catfight between actors Shweta Tiwari and Dolly Bindra in reality show “Bigg Boss 4″.
Just a day after loud-mouthed Dolly entered the show, she tried to take charge of cooking in the kitchen - a department that Shweta had been handling so far.
Shweta, who has had a sour past with Dolly, expressed her desire to quit from the kitchen team Monday evening. That was followed by a bitter war of words between the two ladies, says a source.
They started hurling abuses and allegations against each other and dug into their past rivalry because Shweta’s former husband Raja Chaudhary had once slapped Dolly at a party.
The episode featuring the catfight will be aired Tuesday.
Celina on Cairo film fest jury?
Former beauty queen-turned-actress Celina Jaitley, who is the brand ambassador of Egyptian Tourism Authority, might be on the jury of the upcoming Cairo Film Festival to be held Nov 30-Dec 9.
“I am proud to be the tourism ambassador of Egypt and I am looking forward to be part of the jury on one of the most esteemed film festivals of the world,” Celina, who was honoured at the film festival last year, said in a press statement.
Egypt is also among her favourite holiday destinations.
- Soaps, reality shows, comedies hog prime time TV slot (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2010
- Celina's Egyptian Ways! - Oct 27, 2010
- The Shweta Tiwari – Dolly Bindra Catfight In ‘Bigg Boss 4’ - Oct 28, 2010
- Bigg Boss 4: Is Shweta Being Stubborn Or Is Ashmit Overreacting? - Nov 02, 2010
- Bigg Boss 4: Will Dolly Bindra Prove Herself As A Good Captain? - Dec 03, 2010
- I'll marry Peter in Egypt, says Celina - Feb 06, 2011
- Pamela Anderson to enter 'Bigg Boss 4' next week? - Nov 13, 2010
- Bigg Boss 4: Existing Game-PLan Turns Upside Down After Dolly Bindra's Entry - Oct 27, 2010
- My Acts Were Not Drama But For Real, Says Dolly Bindra - Nov 20, 2010
- Bigg Boss 4: Switching Of Characters And The Muddle Up - Dec 29, 2010
- Small screen's controversy queens - Feb 21, 2011
- Bigg Boss 4: Dolly Bindra Gets Suspicious Of Shweta Tiwari-Ashmit Goes Scott Free - Dec 20, 2010
- Dolly Bindra To Enter Bigg Boss 4 - Oct 26, 2010
- Salman, Katrina get together for 'Bigg Boss 4' - Dec 16, 2010
- Dolly Bindra apologises to Shweta Tiwari - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: akshay kumar, attires, beauty queen, bitter war, cairo film festival, celina jaitley, competition show, cooking in the kitchen, dolly bindra, dupatta, egyptian tourism authority, festivals of the world, film festivals, indian clothes, kitchen team, kitchen work, masterchef, salwar kameez, tourism ambassador, traditional attire