Akshay Kumar arrested for obscenity, bailed outMay 18th, 2009 - 3:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 18 (IANS) Film star Akshay Kumar was arrested Monday morning by the police here in connection with obscene behaviour in public during the recent Lakme India Fashion Week (LIFW), a senior police official said.
“We arrested him under Indian Penal Code Section 294, which deals with obscenity in public. Since it is a bailable offence, he was released on bail,” said Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Arvind Mahabadhi.
During the LIFW early April, Akshay had unbuttoned his jeans, while walking the ramp, at the instance of his wife Twinkle Khanna.
The LIFW had attracted other celebrities like Shah Rukh Khan and Naomi Campbell, who had walked the ramp, promoting various designers.
Akshay’s unbuttoning act had kicked up a storm with some private individuals lodging police complaints, accusing Akshay of immoral and indecent behaviour in public.
ACP Mahabadhi said that now the case would be further investigated and depending on the outcome, a charge-sheet would be filed against the star.
- Akshay is hurt by ruckus over unbuttoning episode, says a friend - May 21, 2009
- No unbuttoning jeans on ramp for Akshay: Twinkle - Oct 14, 2009
- 'Tees Maar Khan', 'Dabangg' dragged to court - Dec 23, 2010
- Lucky to be away from any controversy: Akshay Kumar - May 22, 2012
- ‘Sheila’ And ‘Munni’ Might Face Court Ire! - Dec 24, 2010
- Mumbai Police to probe Akshay Kumar's 'unbutton' act - Apr 02, 2009
- Canadian gay porn star held in Germany for murder - Jun 04, 2012
- I am too shy to walk the ramp: Twinkle Khanna - Oct 13, 2009
- Six showstoppers for Malini Agarwalla's accessory show - Mar 06, 2012
- Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two years - Aug 18, 2011
- Kelly Osbourne shows off her body after her amazing weight loss - Feb 15, 2010
- Rajesh Khanna improving, likely to be released soon - Jun 28, 2012
- Karnataka porngate ministers now face police probe - Feb 13, 2012
- Vivek Oberoi walks the ramp at LIFW - Mar 07, 2010
- Rajesh Khanna to be discharged in a day or two - Jun 24, 2012
Tags: acp, akshay kumar, arvind, assistant commissioner, bailable, behaviour in public, commissioner of police, indecent behaviour, india fashion week, indian penal code, lakme india fashion, lakme india fashion week, naomi campbell, obscenity, penal code section, police complaints, police official, private individuals, shah rukh khan, twinkle khanna