Akshay celebrates birthday with family (Movie Snippets)September 10th, 2012 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 10 (IANS) Bollywood star Akshay Kumar didn’t have a star-studded birthday bash, rather he spent time with his family.
“Thank you so much everyone for all your wonderful wishes, I’d love to thank each and everyone of you personally, but I’ve just returned home from a long schedule in Muscat and I’ll be a little selfish and want to spend the last few hours of my birthday with my family,” tweeted the actor, who turned 45 Sunday.
Akshay was in Muscat for the shooting of “Once Upon A Time In Mumbai 2″. His wife, actress Twinkle Khanna, is currently expecting her second child. They already have a 10-year-old son named Aarav.
Meanwhile, Akshay is also looking forward to the release of his film “Oh My God!”, which hits the screens Sep 28.
Why does Ayesha Takia feel lucky?
Ayesha Takia manages to stay away from the limelight, and yet gets some of the best roles - no wonder she feels lucky!
“My journey has been really good, I consider myself very lucky. I have the opportunities to portray myself as myself and also be taken seriously as an actress. I have been getting opportunity after opportunity to do things which I like,” said Ayesha who was seen in “Dor” and “Wanted”.
She prefers to be busy with home and hospitality business rather than facing the camera. However, she has taken up the role of an anchor for music reality show “Sur Kshetra”, which pits singers from India and Pakistan against each other.
Ayesha says being able to live life on one’s own terms is “rare”.
“I think living life on my terms and be able to do it successfully is rare and the fact that I have got to do that and make some lovely friends along the way has been great,” she added.
Trust is important, says Gauri Shinde
Debutant film director Gauri Shinde, who has helmed Sridevi-starrer “English Vinglish”, which also has a cameo by megastar Amitabh Bachchan, says had it not been for the actors’ trust in her art, the movie wouldn’t have been possible.
“They’re the greatest and yet so humble and so trusting of the director. If they hadn’t trusted in me, I’d not have been able to make this film. Not once did they make me feel like a debutant director,” said Shinde.
“English Vinglish”, which marks Sridevi’s comeback to Bollywood after 15 years, releases Oct 5.
- Not insecure at all, says Sridevi - Aug 13, 2012
- 'English Vinglish' inspired by my mom: Gauri Shinde - Aug 14, 2012
- Feature film not without tips from Balki: Gauri Shinde - Jul 04, 2012
- 'English Vinglish' inspired by my mom: Gauri Shinde (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Balki jealous of wife Gauri - Aug 14, 2012
- I'm unambitious, says actress Ayesha Takia - Sep 08, 2012
- Balki is a supportive homemaker: Gauri Shinde - Sep 09, 2012
- 'English Vinglish' written with Sridevi in mind: R.Balki - Jun 05, 2012
- What keeps Sridevi glowing at 49? - Aug 31, 2012
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- I'll be co-producing all my own films with Sahara: Boney Kapoor - Jul 22, 2011
- Sridevi, Kareena to clash at box office; Balki unperturbed - Jul 06, 2012
- Sridevi to flaunt Sabyasachi sari at Toronto fest - Jul 30, 2012
- Sridevi homesick in New York - Oct 21, 2011
- Women directors surpass gender politics in showbiz (With Images) - Jul 29, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, amitabh bachchan, ayesha takia, birthday bash, bollywood star, cameo, debutant, film director, gauri, hospitality business, india and pakistan, limelight, muscat, reality show, shinde, singers, snippets, sridevi, time in mumbai, twinkle khanna