Akon starts India tour on birthdayMarch 24th, 2011 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 24 (IANS) Popular Senegalese American singer Akon is really excited about his debut performance in India and the first concert April 16 coincides with his birthday. The songwriter-producer says he will belt out the favourite numbers his fans at his two concerts in the country.
Akon, famous for hits like “Beautiful”, “Lonely”, “Right Now”, “Dangerous”, “I’m So Paid” and ” Angel”, will start his tour with a performance at Gurgaon’s Huda Grounds followed by a show April 17 at Bangalore’s Gayatri Vihar Palace Grounds.
“The wait is finally over and now for the first time ever, I’m excited to bring my live show to India. I can’t wait for my fans to join me where I’ll be performing all your favorites and some new songs from my upcoming album, ‘Stadium’,” Akon said in a statement.
“It’s also my birthday so I have something very special planned for all my fans so you know it’s going to be one big party,” he added.
Kyazoonga.com is the official ticketing partner for the concert and the ticket prices will be Rs.1,500 for the silver category and Rs.3,000 for the gold category.
The Venky’s Akon Live In Concert is being brought to the country by Netsurf Entertainment and B.M. Group and IVNO Events and Productions, in association with Thrive Entertainment and S. Raj Entertainment. Venky’s, arguably the single largest poultry brand in Asia, is the title sponsor of the two concert.
“India is a huge market for international artists and we aim to capitalise on this opportunity by identifying a confluence of musical styles, bringing together world class performers across genres on a single platform,” said Sujit Jain, MD, Netsurf Entertainment.
- I'm waiting to get into Bollywood movies: Akon - Apr 15, 2011
- Akon took off shirt on stage, a la Salman Khan - Apr 17, 2011
- Happy birthday Akon, sing Indian fans - Apr 17, 2011
- Akon's Gurgaon concert on track, say organisers - Apr 14, 2011
- Indian cuisine, meeting with SRK on Akon's wish list - Apr 14, 2011
- Akon's wife to join him on India tour - Apr 12, 2011
- Akon to perform with Indian artists, launches a contest - Apr 05, 2011
- Fans have tough time entering stadium - Feb 28, 2011
- Akon brings down class barrier at Gurgaon concert - Apr 17, 2011
- Akon fans protest during his birthday celebration in Pune - Apr 16, 2011
- No NOC, rains too...Bryan Adams Delhi concert called off (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Maharashtra Premier League appoints KyaZoonga.com as its official ticketing partner - May 10, 2010
- No nod yet for Bryan Adams' concert, fans fear the worst (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Shiamak Davar to perform opening acts for Bryan Adams India tour - Feb 05, 2011
- Pitbull excited about maiden visit to India - Nov 11, 2011
Tags: american singer, confluence, debut performance, favourite numbers, gayatri, gurgaon, huda, huge market, india tour, international artists, jain, netsurf, new songs, senegalese, songwriter producer, sujit, ticket prices, title sponsor, venky, world class performers